Chapter 6

My hands shook as my body practically shut down. I could hear faint voices in the distance shouting at Tommy and Wilbur as arrows flew through the sky.

"Tubbo! Come up here!" Schlatt invites the boy up onto the stage, a large grin plastered onto his face.

"Y-yes Schlatt?"

"Tubbo, how would you like to be my Secretary of State?" Schlatt offers Tubbo, who turns to look at me. I slightly shake my head at him to try get him to turn the offer down.

"You're... you're not gonna fire me?" Tubbo asks, shocked. Since presidency was handed down to Schlatt, Tubbo obviously thought he'd lose his job.

"Of course not! I can't fire Tubbo!" He booms, shaking Tubbo's hand.

He joined him.

"Now... who's next? Ahh, Y/N! Come up here for a second!" He turns to me, once again smirking. Quackity let's me go and I walk up onto the podium, a scowl on my face.

"Fuck you Schlatt." I say under my breath but loud enough for him to hear.

He laughs at my words, "Oh don't be like that sweet cheeks. Just remember who your president is." He straightened out his suit and carries on.

"Anyway, Y/N I would like you to be not only the war general, but I would also like you to be my personal protector. A bodyguard of sorts." He resorts, sending me a toothy grin. That smile will haunt me forever.

"And what if I don't want to be your 'protector'?" I ask, waiting for a response.

Right now, living in the Dream SMP with Dream, George and Sapnap doesn't seem so bad.

"If you don't agree, which you will, then you will not only be exiled from L'manburg... but we will find your brothers and force you to be the one to execute them. Do I make myself clear?" He asks, coming face to face with me. I have to hold myself back from spitting at him since he's only inches apart.

"Fine. I accept."

The pain in my chest intensifies as I say those three simple words. Hopefully I can find us a way out of this mess.

"Good. Now, Quackity?"

"Yes Schl- I mean, president?" Quackity stumbles over his words as he walks up behind me.

"Take Y/N to her new room inside. Give her the new clothes I layed out. We can't have you walking around with that L'manburg shit can we Y/N? This is Manburg now." He says with a dark and ominous tone in his voice.

Quackity takes my arm and leads me inside the large building Schlatt referred to. I yank my arm back, walking beside him down the long halls.

"Look Y/N... I know we got off on the wrong foot and I'm sorry. Can we please start over?"

I stop in my tracks, giving Quackity a deadpan look. "Are you kidding? Are you fucking kidding me?! This was your fault that I lost my home. Your fault that I lost my brothers! And you're fault that I lost my freedom!" I yell but stop myself from getting too aggressive when I see the hurt expression on his face.

I sigh but continue as he says nothing. "Look... I'm sorry. I'm not ready to forgive you. Yet. I know I seem harsh but it's for my own good. It's just who I am."

Quackity looks into my eyes and I look into his. He still looks both scared and sad so I stick out my hand for him to shake.

"I'm Y/N. I realise I never fully introduced myself." I offer a small smile as he carefully shakes my hand. I could tell he was still scared so I try to reassure him that I wont.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry."

"... I know Quackity... I know." I smile before going back to walking.

We walk down the halls until we reach a fairly sized room with a double bed and large curtains. Bookshelves and ornaments on shelves clutter the room.

"Well, here we are. There is the new uniform." Quackity points to the bed, where a full black suit is layed out. But not a business suit like Schlatt. It's the kind of suit some sort of assassin would wear.

I guess I'd look kind of badass.

"Oh and Y/N?" Quackity gets my attention as I turn back towards him, waiting for him to carry on.

"Schlatt wants you to get rid of your L'manburg uniform but... uh... theres a small hidden place in the bottom of your wardrobe. You can hide it there. That way you can keep it away from him. I know how much Manb- L'manburg meant to you." Quackity opens a small part of the wardrobe which was indeed hidden.

"Thank you Quackity. Genuinely."

He nods and walks out the room, closing the doors behind him.

Maybe I could trust him? I'm honestly not sure. He is kinda cute though but I obviously won't admit it to him. I don't even want to admit it to myself. What would Schlatt think? What would Tommy and Wilbur think?

I sigh, walking over to the bed, taking off my L'manburg uniform, hoping to one day be able to wear it again.

One day.

I place the uniform into the hidden part of the wardrobe, closing it up. I then get dressed into the black assassin suit, admiring my reflection.

"I look hot as fuck." I whisper to myself with a slight laugh but I'm soon interrupted by a large knock on the door.

Schlatt walks in with Quackity not far behind.

"Wow you look hot doll face." He smirks while going to touch my face.

I grip his wrist, throwing his arm behind his back, getting him in an arm lock. Quackity let's out a short lived laugh but quickly stops when Schlatt throws him a look.

"You really are the person for the job Y/N." Schlatt tells me, walking down the corridor, expecting me to follow.

As I walk past Quackity, I throw him a quick wink as he blushed slightly, trying to hide it.

This will be fun.