Chapter 44

The next day rolls in as the sun rises over the horizon. I instantly jump out if bed and get ready for today.

"Hey Quackity, I-"

I look around but see him nowhere. He's not in bed or the house.

Strange.

I walk outside to see if I could find him. Instead, I notice that his horse is gone.

When I look up, I see a huge grid made entirely out of obsidian. What on earth is that about?

I wonder around L'manburg, hoping to find him but I find nothing. Taking a quick walk down the prime path, I find Tommy and Tubbo sat on a bench playing a music disc.

"Hey guys. Have you seen Quackity anywhere? He's missing. Haven't seen him since last night." I ask in hopes of finding him. The pair of them shake their heads.

"No I haven't but we're about to rally everyone up in you want to come with me? We might find him somewhere." Tubbo offers and I take his side as we split up from Tommy who goes to talk to Sapnap.

"So all we need to do is rally everyone up and get ready right?" I ask and Tubbo nods.

We walk around, telling everybody where to meet up and begin to head there ourselves.

But there is still no sign of Quackity.

"You know, I hope everyone- What the fuck is this?" I stare in shock at the hole in the ground. All our chests blown to pieces as our items and hard work are demolished in a pile of debris.

"What!" Tubbo exclaims and I turn to face one of the walls. Upon the wall are signs hung up. They had pur names written on it, mine included.

"Tubbo what is this?"

He walks over to me, staring at the signs beside me.

"I don't know. But it can't be anything good..."

We read all the names on the signs, about to leave and finish the rally.

"Tubbo! Tubbo I need to speak with you." Quackity runs up to us and I sigh in relief.

"Jesus Quackity I thought you left us." I relax a bit, knowing that he's still here.

He gives me a quick kiss on the forehead before pulling Tubbo aside to talk to him.

I'm left alone with Ranboo who looks at the ground awkwardly.

"Hey Ranboo? You okay?" I ask and he takes a jumpy step back from me.

"Everyone hates me Y/N. They don't like the fact that I refuse to choose sides." Ranboo mumbles and I look up at him as he tries to hold back tears.

"It's alright Ranboo. I honestly get your point. I used to love the thrill of fighting for a side but after fighting for so long, it's not what I want anymore." I place a hand on his arm and he gives me a small smile.

"Thanks Y/N."

"Anytime."

"Hey everyone!" Tommy comes walking over to us as more of our allies join us. We all greet each other and listen to Tommy.

But before he gets a chance to talk, a static voice comes from a walkie talkie.

"Hey Tommy! I'm outside. I'm outside your base right now." Techno's monotone voice says through the walkie talkie.

"No you're not. We have just over 20 minutes left."

"You think I'm gonna wait Tommy?" Techno laughs and we all look at each other.

Tommy runs off towards L'manburg and I'm about to follow him but Quackity puts a hand on my shoulder, shaking his head.

We all wait around for something to happen when I hear another voice all through a walkie talkie.

"Guys get the fuck here!!" Tommy yells as we begin our sprint towards L'manburg.

When we get there, I see Philza standing in a tree. Techno surrounded by hundreds of wolves.

"Phil? What are you doing?" I ask him and he laughs, saying nothing.

Suddenly, an arrow is fired from behind me, shooting directly at Technoblade. It lightly scratches his armour but misses him.

His army of wolves begin to attack as we draw out our swords, fighting against them. As bad as I feel driving my sword through them, I remember that we don't have a choice.

The wolves snarl at us with sharp teeth as we fight back. We hold our position for most part but I feel a pair of sharp teeth embed themselves into my arm.

I yell in pain, kicking the wolf away from me as it falls back with a howl.

"Stand back!" I shout to my allies as they all do as I say, holding out my arm which sends the wolves blasting back.

"That is so cool!" Tubbo exclaims and I laugh, taking Quackity's side.

But they just keep coming.

We defend ourselves as much as possible, people getting injured and bitten left and right.

"I'm feeling generous! If you all back up and let me blow up this country, I'll call the wolves off!" Techno tries to reason with us as we still get attacked.

"Techno stop!"

"What are you gonna do? Are the wolves bombs? How exactly do you expect to blow it up with wolves?" Quackity laughs which causes me to laugh a bit. Probably not the best time for humour.

Suddenly, a firework is launched into the air and we all stare at it, still defending ourselves from the wolves.

"The signal!" Techno exclaims and my heart begins beating faster.

"Signal? What signal?"

Then I see them.

The withers.

"Holy shit!" Tommy exclaims as I freeze for a moment, remembering what happened the last time the withers attacked us.

They begin blowing up buildings and monuments. Even the bee dome goes up in ash.

"Not the bees!" Tubbo yells and rushes over there.

"Tubbo no!" I run after him, pushing him put of the way before an explosion hits beside us. Luckily we landed in the water and no one got hurt.

Quackity pulls me out of the water whilst Sapnap helps Tubbo. I look over at Techno who admires his surroundings, laughing to himself.

He wants a war. Let's give him a war.