Chapter 5

After a long night of staring at the ceiling, the sun finally makes it's way into the atmosphere, shining it's grand light onto the world.

I rest my head in my hands as I try to push away every bad feeling which swarmed my mind throughout the night.

Today's the day. The day where we finally find out who will win the election.

First we have POG2020. Wilbur and Tommy, my brothers. They deserve to win since we were the ones who built this nation from rubble and dust.

Next is SWAG2020. Quackity's party with George as his running partner. Although I bet George won't even show up at all.

Then we have the new running party, Coconut2020 which was Fundy and Niki.

Then finally... Schlatt2020. I don't trust this guy at all. He just waltzed his way into L'manburg with a smirk on his face thinking he is better than everyone else.

Once I place on my L'manburg uniform, I leave the house and walk towards the podium where many seats are situated, ready for the election. I leave my weapons at home since I was told not to bring them.

"Tommy!" I shout my brother as he comes running up to me, a wide grin on his face. "Hello Y/N."

"What's gotten you so excited? Shouldn't you be at least a little worried about the other parties?" I ask but Tommy just shrugs.

"I don't need to worry. I'm a big man!" Tommy shouts, gaining some unwanted attention from a few people around us.

I roll my eyes and pull him in for a side hug. "Whatever dickhead. Good luck out there."

He gives a simple nod, walking over to the stage where Wilbur takes out a slip of paper. I walk over to Tubbo who has saved me a seat next to him. He smiles at me before our attention is drawn to the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 2020 L'manburg election. The running parties are as followed, POG2020, Schlatt2020, SWAG2020 and Coconut2020." Wilbur announces.

My leg begins to bounce and I bite my fingernails in anticipation. "Now... let's get onto the votes."

This is it. It's either all over for us, or we win. Hopefully the latter.

"In fourth place is Coconut2020 with 9% of the public vote." Everyone claps for them. Fundy looks slightly saddened but smiles anyway, knowing that they were never meant to win.

"In third place is Schlatt2020 with 16% of the public vote." Again people clap but I'm hesitant to. I look over at Schlatt who makes eye contact with me, his smirk widening. He's planning something.

"Is second place with 30% of the public votes is..."

The crowd goes dead silent. No one dared to speak in fear of not hearing the winner.

"SWAG2020."

Everyone applauds but I stay staring between Schlatt and my brothers. Wilbur tries to speak over Tommy who keeps cheering. Why do I feel there is more to this than I want to hear?

"Tommy wait! Tommy stop!" Wilbur stops Tommy from cheering. The crowd falls silent once again. "Before the election, SWAG2020 and Schlatt2020 declared a coalition between both parties."

No one says a word. The crowd looks confused and shocked whilst Schlatt still smirks. Oh shit.

"This means, POG2020 has 45% of public votes... but the winner of the L'manburg election 2020 is Schlatt2020 with 46% of public votes." Wilbur announces.

My heart drops and my eyes widen.

"No! That can't be right! That's unfair!" I shout, jumping into the stage. Tommy also shows his anger as he continues shouting.

"It wasn't against the rules mamacita." Quackity says with a little laugh. That bitch. I swear I will punt him into the atmosphere.

"Get off my stage." Schaltt strictly says to Tommy and I. I grab Tommy's arm, bringing him down into the audience.

Everything around me feels as if it goes quiet. How did we lose? Was coalition between teams even allowed?

My mind feels dizzy but I'm brought back into reality when I hear words which I never wanted to hear.

"Well, that was pretty easy. And you know what I said the day that I got unbanned from the Dream SMP and the day I said I was running? An election that I won, by the way. I said, 'Things are going to change.' I looked every citizen of L'Manberg in the eyes and I said, 'You listen to me: This place will be a lot different tomorrow.' Let's start making it happen." Schlatt starts.

"My first decree as the president of L'Manberg - the EMPEROR of this great country - is to REVOKE the citizenship of Wilbur Soot and TommyInnit! Get them out of here! Get them out of here! You're no longer welcome!"

The crowd went wild. Tommy, Wilbur and I begin to panic. I turn to my two brothers, picking up a small knife from my boot which I hid just in case.

"Run! I'll hold them off!"

My brothers begin to run from the walls of what was once our nation. "Get them!" Schlatt yells as a few people run to get them.

Quackity and George begin firing arrows at my brothers. I throw the small knife in my hand at George, pinning his sleeve to the wooden stage, causing him to drop his bow.

I try to run towards the exit of L'manburg but I'm stopped by a pair of arms gripping me, holding me close to their warm body.

"Don't resist mamcita. You'll only make it harder for yourself." Quackity says in my ear as I try to break free.

"Oh, that was so easy! Until further notice, Wilbur Soot and TommyInnit are merely a memory of L'Manberg. A relic of the past. A reminder of the darkest era this country has ever seen. And I guarantee you all, dear citizens... Tonight, that changes. We are entering into a new period of L'Manberg, a period of prosperity! Of strength! Of unity!" Schlatt finishes as my heart drops.

I just lost my brothers. I just lost my home.

We just lost L'manburg.