Chapter 49

"Hey Q! Have you seen my jacket? I'm going over to speak to Foolish today to see the progress on Las Nevadas." I call out and he walks out of the bedroom, holding my jacket.

"Don't be too long. You know how much I miss you when you're gone." He gives me a small smile, kissing my forehead gently.

"Gosh you're so clingy. I love it." I smile, taking the jacket from him with a smile.

"I'll be back soon."

I begin my walk to the large sandy construction site, careful not to trip over any rocks or sandstone. I pass a few people on the way but say nothing.

Once I make it over to where our new country will be, I stare in awe. Foolish is building this quick. I mean, I know that he's had help but still.

"Hey Foolish! This is looking amazing!" I wave him over and he rushes up to me.

"Y/N! It's great to see you! I hope you like it. I've had a bit of help from a few others too. It's a bit too big of a job for one person." He jokes, pointing in the direction of the other builders.

I notice a familiar face half covered by a gold mask.

Sam lifts his hand, giving me a small effortless wave to which I only give back a raised hand as a greeting.

I draw my attention back to the almost finished building in front of me. The large white quartz walls with fancy detailing stood out beautifully.

"I love it Foolish. I'm sure Quackity will too. I'm pretty sure he's coming to look at it in a few days. Speaking of which, how long do you think this place will take to be fully constructed?" I gesture all around me.

"I'd say about another two weeks or so by the rate we're building at. It shouldn't take too long." Foolish smiles and I nod.

"Thank you Foolish. This means a lot to Quackity and I. Please send my thanks to the others as well." I tell him as he nods, walking over to the others who are helping out with the construction.

Now that Dream is finally in prison, we can live our lives free.

When I arrive back at Kinoko Kingdom, I walk back into mine and Quackity's home.

"Hey love! Are you home?" I ask and footsteps make their way towards me. Quackity walks into the room holding a F/C box with my initials on it.

"Oh? What's this?" I take the box from him as he holds it out towards me. I live him a quick kiss before placing the box onto the table.

"It's just a little something I had Puffy make for you. I helped with the design and colouring though." Quackity smiles as he watches me open the box.

I gasp, staring at the contents. Inside was a F/C fancy dress/suit which had gold detailing on the design. I take it out of the box, smiling like a maniac.

"You- You got this for me?" I smile at him and he nods. I wrap my arms around his neck, burying my face into his shoulder.

"Thank you..."

"Hey there's no need to thank me. I should be the one thanking you. Besides, you're gonna need something fancy for when Las Nevadas is built." He smiles and I get more and more excited just thinking about it.

"I'll be back in a minute. I'm just gonna go put it away for safe keeping." Quackity nods and walks into the kitchen as I walk to my room.

I open up the wardrobe and place the box inside but as I do, I notice a very familiar uniform.

I pick up the blue fabric with gold shoulder pads and red sash, remembering the fun times I had back when L'manburg was just created.

I clutch the L'manburg uniform in my hands, holding it to my chest.

It's time to let go.

Without a second thought, I walk outside, placing a bunch of oak logs in a pile, placing a few bits of coal on top. I take out a flint and steel, holding it to the wood.

After a few minutes, the fire is in full heat and I stare as the flames dance around in mesmerising patterns.

"What are you doing Y/N?" Quackity walks over to me and he stops at my side. In the corner of my eye I notice him looking down at the uniform in my arms.

"Oh... are you sure you wanna do this Y/N?" He gently places a supportive hand in my shoulder.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I repeat the words in my head.

It's time to let go.

I nod, holding out the material in front of me, throwing it onto the flames. I watch as the fire consumes my old L'manburg uniform, the materials burning to ash.

But I don't feel sad. No. I feel free. For months on end, L'manburg only caused pain and now that I'm letting go of the last remaining thing from that place, I finally feel at ease.

It's time to move on and start a new. And Las Nevadas is the place where we can start over.

I feel Quackity wrap his arms around me from behind. He pulls me into him as I lean back, staring at the flames in front of us.

"I'm proud of you mi amor. I truly am." I can hear the smile in his voice which makes me happy. He will always make me happy.

"What can I say? It's time I let go of L'manburg since it's not really there anymore." I shrug and we both listen to the crackling fire in a comfortable silence.

"Quackity, I think I'm gonna go talk to Sam tomorrow. All this starting over business makes me wanna start over with him. I know he's never been there for me but that's in the past. Just like L'manburg. And it's not like Philza is gonna give a shit about me anymore." I look at Quackity who gives me another toothy smile.

"That's your choice. I'm not going to stop you."

Once the fire dies out, we head back inside, having dinner then heading off to bed for the night.

SUNSET ON THE EAST SIDE//Quackity x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें