Chapter 31

"What the fuck was that Tubbo?! Huh?? Did you seriously just exile your own best friend from our nation?! And for what?! Yeah he committed a crime but it wasn't exactly man slaughter! What about Technoblade? He almost killed everyone here!" I shove Tubbo backwards as Quackity tries to pull me back.

"I'm sorry Y/N. But what is done is done. Dream saw fit that he should have had a worse punishment. I had no choice! He threatened our nation." Tubbo tells me and I take a step back, Quackity's hand still on my shoulder.

"I believe you... but that doesn't mean what you did was right. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go see him." I turn to walk away but instead, I run into a familiar green hooded figure.

"No. I don't think so Y/N. You know that's against the rules." Dream calmly tells me, making sure I can't get past him. I roll my eyes and step around him, walking towards the direction he took Tommy in a few hours ago.

"Fuck the rules."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Y/N..."

I stop in my tracks, turning to face Dream with a hard scowl on my face. "And why is that?" I ask, folding my arms over my chest.

"Because he said he doesn't want to see you."

What? Tommy wouldn't have said that.

I laugh at Dream who still stays facing me, the cold smile if his mask staring into my soul.

"Dream you are so full of shit, you know that? How stupid do you think I am?" I grip my sword, taking it out of the holster, pointing it at Dream.

"No I'm serious. He's mad that you didn't try to help him or negotiate for him to be out of exile." He says with a cold tone, trying to act believable. I look over at Tubbo and Quackity who look slightly shocked and sad at Dream's words.

But I see straight through his lies.

"Ok."

I shrug my shoulders and walk off without a care in the world.

"You won't find him Y/N!" Dream shouts after me but I hold up a middle finger as I walk away. I laugh as I get closer to the portal where Dream took Tommy into exile.

Just as I step one foot into the portal, I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Y/N? Can we talk?"

I turn around to face... Sam?

"What do you want? Can't you see I'm busy trying to find my brother?" I say through gritted teeth, emphasising the word 'brother'.

"It'll only take a minute. Please." He looks at me and I place two fingers the the bridge of my nose and look down with a frustrated sigh.

"Fine... say what you have to say but make it quick."

"Look Y/N I'm... sorry. I never meant to send you away but you have to understand that we were in no fit state to be living in. That's why Philza agreed to take you in. Where you could have a happier life." Sam begins.

"That's bullshit Sam. We could have worked something out."

"You were too young to understand Y/N." He tells me and I scoff at his words, getting an all too familiar feeling. I begin to shake and my body slightly glitches.

"That's such a shit excuse Sam. If you really cared, you would have stuck by me. The least you could do now is stay out of my way. Or at least try to do something good with your life." I tell him in a calm tone, not having the energy to argue.

When I make eye contact with him, he looks shocked, his eyes open wide as he looks at me.

"What?"

"Your face." He says, pointing to the right side of my face and I go to touch it but it doesn't feel any different.

"What about my face?" I question as I jog down to a nearby lake. I look into the water and stare at my reflection in shock. My mouth hangs wide open as I bring my hand back up to my cheek.

My reflection shows a few square patches of different shades of green on my right cheek. It doesn't cover a full side of my face but it's noticeable enough.

"What is that? What did you do?" I look back at my real father who continues staring.

"I didn't do anything. I guess being around me is bringing out the real you." He tells me, slowly reaching up for his gold face covering. He removes it and under the mask is patches of green just like what's happening to me.

"Please come home Y/N." He almost begs, putting the face mask back on and I take a few steps back, retreating to the nether portal.

"I am home. My home is wherever you're not." I turn away to continue my journey to find Tommy.

I don't bother turning back as Sam continues to yell my name. As I make it to the portal, I finally stop and turn to face him. He's still stood in his place as I make eye contact once again, giving him a salute.

I step into the portal and I'm immediately hit with the heat of the nether.

For the first gwenty minutes of searching, I call out for my brother but get no response. My voice is now starting to get hoarse from all the shouting.

"Tommy! Are you there!?" I shout but my voice just echoes through the large open area.

Suddenly, I hear the sound of swords dragging on the netherrack behind me and I turn to face a large group of piglins.

I instantly turn to run, knowing that I wouldn't be able to outrun them. In the distance, I see the portal and I sprint as fast as possible.

As I reach the portal, I quickly take the pickaxe from off my back and break the small bridge as fast as possible.

The piglins come to a halt, knowing they wouldn't be able to come any further. I laugh as I step backwards into the portal.

But for a split second, I see an all too familiar face in the distance and I'm instantly reminded of all their crimes.

Technoblade stands in the distance, just staring. His cloak covering his body even in the intense heat of the nether.

He will pay for his crimes against everyone.

I'll find away to make him pay.