Chapter 17

I make my way out of the room towards where Quackity's voice came from. I see him and Tommy looking for someone.

"What's going on?" I ask, trying to hide my hand behind my back.

"Big Q joined Pogtopia." Tommy tells me, using the nickname I gave Quackity. I smile and run over to Quackity, pulling him in for a hug.

"It's about time." I tell him but he ignores me and looks at my hand as I pull away from him.

"What happened to your hand?" He questions and I look away from him, taking out a bandage which I picked up on the way here. I wrap it around my knuckle and the blood begins to soak up.

"It's nothing. Don't worry." I reassure him but he still looks concerned.

The three of us walk out of Pogtopia onto a small hill area just outside of Manburg. Not long after, we are joined by another person.

"Hello Quackity. Long time no see." Wilbur gives a toothy grin, his crazed eyes looking at each of us.

"Quackity joined Pogtopia Wilbur."

"I wanna take down Schlatt. He's been treating me like shit and acting like an asshole. I'm- I was his vice president but he never let me have a say in anything. I went against you in the election to make L'manburg better." Quackity tells us, looking guilty.

"Tommy, have you told him our plans to take down Manburg?" Wilbur asks and I get another uneasy feeling.

"No Wilbur. He wants to take down Schlatt and we'll help him. We are not going through with your plan." I tell him but he shrugs off my comment.

Wilbur begins pacing back and forth as Tommy, Quackity and I sit on the ground, waiting for him to respond.

"I couldn't find it Tommy. The day of the festival. I lost the button."

What? What is he even talking about?

Wilbur walks away from us and towards Manburg. We all follow him but try to stay hidden.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I whisper yell to him, trying to stay low as he walks towards another rocky hill, looking around and digging through the mud.

"Where is it? It's got to be around here somewhere... aha!" He digs through the mud, revealing a small walkway in the hill. He enters the area, leaving the rest of us outside. We hesitantly walk in after him and I feel Quackity's hand brush against mine.

I feel my face heat up but I look straight foward, hoping that he doesn't notice.

"What the fuck?" Quackity says, looking around at the mass amount of TNT around us. The explosives are rigged under all of Manburg, all linked with redstone connecting to a small button.

"Dream gave Wilbur at least 4 stacks of TNT." Tommy tells us, the name striking fear, wondering why Wilbur would conspire with the enemy. Or one of them at least.

"I could just blow it all up now! I could press it. I'll do it, then we all run out of here. We run!" Wilbur states, trying to walk over to the button but I step in front of him, Tommy and Quackity trying to hold him back.

"Let me go! I'm gonna press it!"

"No your not! Do you know how much harm than good it will cause? You'll hurt so many people Wilbur. What about everyone living in Manburg?" I inform him but he continues to get away from Quackity and my younger brother.

"I don't care. When Manburg is gone, everything will be great again!" Wilbur replies. Quackity makes eye contact with me and I can tell him and Tommy are struggling to hold him back.

I pull out my enchanted netherite sword, holding it up to Wilbur. I obviously have no intention of killing my brother, but he needs to know when to stop.

He laughs at me as Tommy tries to calm him down.

"Wilbur look at me!" He turns to face Tommy who loosens his grip, Wilbur stopping his struggling against them.

"We are not going to blow up Manburg. Remember how Quackity is still technically vice president? Why don't we meet up with Schlatt? Talk to him." Tommy comes up with a safer plan which still sounds ridiculous but is better than blowing the place into pieces.

"Fine. I trust you Tommy. But if the plan goes to shit, I'm coming back here. Then I'll blow it up." Wilbur says before leaving the room, the rest of us following after.

Wilbur and Tommy go separate ways as Quackity and I climb the top of the hill we were at. The sun setting once again.

I feel him slowly edge towards me as we stare at the setting sun.

"It seems that this is a reoccurring thing. Watching the sunset on the east side. What's next? Watching the sunrise from the west?" I try to lighten the mood as Quackity let's out a soft laugh. He gently wraps an arm around me and I take the opportunity to lay my head on his shoulder. He stiffens slightly buf soon relaxes, placing his head on top of mine.

We stay like this for around ten minutes until he looks away from the sunset, towards me. I feel two fingers underneath my chin, turning my head towards him.

We stare at each other, not one of us saying a single word, afraid of ruining the moment. We slowly lean in inches apart from each other.

Until our lips meet. The kiss is slow and sweet. I feel Quackity smile into the kiss and I do the same as he places a hand on my cheek, pulling me closer.

The kiss lasts for a few more seconds until we slowly pull away, staring at each other once again.

"Woah." He says in awe and I laugh slightly. Honestly, he's perfect without even trying.

I rest my head on his shoulder once again as we watch the sun disappear from the sky.