Chapter 78

As the morning passes, I spend my time talking and entertaining the visitors of Las Nevadas. Quackity spent most of the morning gambling with the other rich men in the casino.

A few couples form a small crowd around me as I show off a few card tricks and what I can do with a poker chip.

I place the poker chip on top of my thumb, flicking it upwards. It shoots into the air at least eight feet above me. Everyone watches as it comes back down due to gravity.

With ease, I catch the small poker chip in between my teeth with a smile. Everyone around me applauds and I give a sarcastic bow.

"This is so fucking cool!"

A voice pulls me to look away from the crowd. I see Tommy looking around in awe. I forgot he hasn't been to Las Nevadas yet.

"Tommy! I haven't seen you in ages! How's it going? Didn't you bring Ghostbur?" I give my brother a huge hug, feeling him tense up.

When I pull away, I study his nervous demeanor.

"Tommy... what's wrong?" I ask as he rubs the back of his neck. But as I look over his shoulder, I see him.

"So it's true then! You really are alive." I slightly snarl but try to remain emotionless.

He lifts the cigarette up to his lips, inhaling its contents before blowing it all out in a puff of grey smoke.

"Nice Scar."

"Nice hair."

I cross my arms over my chest as I stare at him. His hair has a white streak in it but the rest still remains brown just as it was before. He does look older though. He wears the same coat from before he died but has a small bandage wrapped around the arm.

Then it hits me.

Dream had to kill Ghostbur to revive Wilbur. Ghostbur died so that Wilbur can live. This wasn't just a revival. This was a tradeoff.

"Wilbur?! Holy shit you got my note!" Quackity comes running up to us, staring in shock.

So he left the note for Wilbur and he didn't even bother to tell me.

I cup my hands over my mouth, letting out a loud whistle which echoes across the country.

From the distance, Alistair comes running over to stand by my side, growling slightly at Wilbur.

"Holy- you have a dog?!" Tommy points to Alistair and I shake my head.

"Wolf actually. I saved him." I give my younger brother a small smile but ignore Wilbur completely.

Quackity leads Wilbur further into Las Nevadas, giving him a brief tour.

"I can't believe you never told me about this place! It's amazing!" Tommy laughs, taking everything in.

"I'm glad you like it... You know, you could come live here with us. Would you ever consider joining us?" I place my hand on his shoulder, giving him a small smile.

He's about to speak up but is rudely interrupted by Wilbur.

"No. Tommy, you're not joining." Wilbur pulls Tommy away from me and I roll my eyes at his stupidity.

"Really Wilbur? This is how you want to play the game? Tommy isn't a little boy anymore. He's mature enough to make his own decisions." I say as Quackity stares between us. He comes over to my side, locking his hand in mine which makes me relax a bit.

"Anyway, how would you like to see the casino?" Quackity smirks and I see Tommy's eyes light up with pure joy.

"Is that a good idea?" Wilbur glares at us but I shrug.

"It's fine. We're here with him and I won't let anyone harm him." I place a hand over my sword in its holster, signaling that I would fight anyone that would try to harm us.

"Alright! On with the tour!" Quackity leads us into the casino which isn't new to me but for Tommy and Wilbur, this must have been a new experience.

"What the fuck?! How?" Tommy looks around at all the slot machines and poker tables.

"A lot of hard work. Right Y/N?" Quackity asks and I nod with a smile, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Tommy makes a puking noise and Wilbur rolls his eyes.

"I see the two of you are still together." He spits as Quackity pulls me closer to him.

"Yes I am. Because I don't just abandon the people I love just for power." I snarl back, referring back to the time he pressed the button, blowing up L'manburg for his own selfish gain.

"How about, we go for our meeting Wilbur." Quackity leads us over to the needle building.

"Alistair, make sure no one comes up, okay?" I say to the large wolf as he slightly nods his head.

The four of us make our way up to the top of the lookout tower, Quackity and Wilbur sitting on a table across from each other.

"Who's that!?" Tommy points to one side of the room where I see Charlie half sunk into the floor, his slime spread out slightly.

"Oh shit..."

I walk up to Charlie to try get his attention.

"Charlie?... Charlie wake up!" I manage to pull him out of his sleep state as he emerges from the ground.

"Hello Y/N from Las Nevadas! Oh you brought guests. Hello Tommy from L'manburg!" Charlie exclaims and I mentally face palm.

"Y/N how does he know that?" Tommy questions, leaving me no choice but to tell him.

"Well... Charlie used to get around a lot before he joined us. He was just living in the terrain around him. Isn't that right Charlie?" I turn to the slime and he nods frantically.

"Yep! Oh I'm definitely a person!" He exclaims out of nowhere causing Tommy to give me a weird look.

"Tommy, why don't we talk on the balcony? It's less noisy out there." I suggest as he follows me outside.

This boy has a lot of explaining to do.