Chapter 41

The festival had started a few hours ago and people were all laughing and having fun. But Dream sill hasn't shown up.

"Do you think he's coming?" Fundy asks and we look around to try spot him.

"I hope so." Tubbo says, still looking around. We all stay together, looking for him until finally...

He shows up.

"Dream! What the fuck are you doing?!" I exclaim, running over to him as Ranboo, Tubbo, Quackity and Fundy follow me.

Dream has begun to build up the obsidian walls around L'manburg again.

"I thought I could trust you Tubbo." Dream says with little to no emotion in his voice. Tubbo looks confused as he stares up at him whist he stays on top of the wall.

"What do you mean Dream? We haven't done anything."

"I told you about Tommy. You shouldn't be working with Tommy." Dream tells Tubbo.

"What are you on about Dream? We aren't even working with Tommy. What has he done anyway?" I ask and he gestures for us to follow him.

"Tommy fucked up."

He leads us down the prime path towards the centre of the Dream SMP. There stands the wreckage and ruins of what once was the community house. The oldest building around here.

"This is what he did Y/N. Tubbo, he caused this. I honestly thought I could trust you. But I can't." Dream says, his mask making him void of any emotion at all.

"No Dream, we didn't have anything to do with this. I don't want anything to do with Tommy when shit like this happens. We don't want any conflict." Tubbo tells the masked man who holds out his hand.

"Well you have his disc. If you really want nothing to do with him... then give me the disc." Dream tells Tubbo. He looks conflicted on what he should do, fighting battles in his own mind.

Crowds begin to form around us. Many people watching as the scene unfolds.

Callaghan.
Punz.
Niki.
Fundy.
Ranboo.
Sapnap.
Captain Puffy.
BadBoyHalo.
Ponk.
Quackity.
Jack Manifold.
Eret.
HBomb.
Sam.

They're all here.

We all watch in silence as Dream brings over an ender chest, waiting for Tubbo to take out the disc.

"No stop! Wait. It wasn't me." A new voice stands beside us. Tommy stands with his axe in hand, Technoblade standing beside him.

"Tommy did you do this?" I ask, gesturing to the blown up community house. He violently shakes his head.

"Of course I fucking didn't. This has nothing to do with me." He denies all responsibility of the explosion.

"I believe Tommy. If he didn't do it, I believe him." Technoblade stands up for him, pulling out his crossbow from his back.

Tubbo looks around at everyone who is now staring at the scene in front of us.

"Tubbo give me the disc."

"Tubbo wait! Tubbo... you can't give him the disc." Tommy pleads and begins to fight his own argument.

But Tubbo doesn't listen.

He slowly takes out the Mellohi disc and holds it in his hand. I gesture for him to give it to me, which he does.

These discs have caused so much pain and war. If we give it to Dream, we may be able to come to some sort of peace treaty.

"Wait... Y/N. What are you doing?" Tommy asks, looking betrayed and disheartened. I feel my heart ache for him but this might be the only way to secure our freedom.

"I'm sorry Tommy. But this is how it has to be."

I hand the disc to Dream who gives me a slight nod. He places the disc in his ender chest and closes it, turning back to face Tubbo and I.

"Why would you do that?" My brother questions, an angry streak showing. I stand beside L'manburg's president as everyone else backs away. Tommy grips his netherite axe with anger and stares us down.

"Tubbo listen to me. I didn't do this. You need to trust me."

"I did trust you once. And look where that got us. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice."

For a split second, I lock eyes with Quackity. He looks scared for my safety but I send him a small nod, letting him know that I have it under control.

"Tommy I'd choose your next moves wisely." Techno warns him. Suddenly, Tommy swings his axe towards Tubbo but I jump in front of him, blocking the attack.

Tubbo hits back but does no damage.

We each swing our weapons towards each other but none of our hits do any damage.

"You betrayed me Y/N! You both did!" Tommy shouts as he tries to push us into the water.

"No! You were exiled because of something stupid you did. You weren't being a good friend!" Tubbo shouts, swinging his axe into Tommy's shield.

"No Tubbo! You were the shitty friend!"

The fighting stops. A few gasps come from each individual who stands around us, watching as the scene unfolds.

Tubbo scoffs and goes quiet.

"You're a fucking idiot Tommy." I whisper under my breath but it sounds like he hears it by the look on his face.

"All you ever wanted were the discs Tommy. What about us? Do we not matter to you at all?" Tubbo asks and Tommy bursts out in a fit of rage.

"The discs were worth more than you ever were! More than the both of you combined!"

I grip my sword, pushing it into the wooden floor of the wreckage, gripping Tommy by the collar of his shirt.

"How dare you-"

Tommy shoves me away from him and I fall back after tripping over a piece of debris.

"No Y/N! You are supposed to be my family!"

"I HAVE NO FAMILY!... You're not my fucking brother Tommy! You never have been and you never will be!" I stare up at him as he points his axe at me from above.

I make eye contact with Sam who stares at me in shock just like everyone else.

"What? I- What..."

"Did you not hear me Tommy? You're not my family. You never were."

I stand up, brushing the dirt off my clothes, making my way over the debris of the community house.

Tubbo stays behind and everyone else watches in shock.