Chapter 24

My body shakes with pure anger.

We were so close.

I begin glitching once more but I try to keep it under control, walking beside Tommy who is staring at Techno.

"What's going on?" I question as Technoblade holds up a crossbow loaded with fireworks.

"Tommy do you think you're the hero? Is that what this is?" Techno questions, holding up his crossbow.

My younger brother looks shocked. "I just wanted... I just wanted L'manburg."

They argue back and forth until Techno sighs, still holding up his crossbow.

"The thing about this world Tommy. It's that good things don't happen to heroes." Techno starts. He tells the story of a hero named Theseus.

I take a step foward but Quackity places a firm hand on my shoulder, shaking his head.

"But if you want to be a hero Tommy, that's fine." He sighs, walking over to the small grassy area, a wither spawned in his hands.

Holy shit.

"Techno! Don't do this!" I scream at him but it's no use. Everyone begins arguing against Techno.

But nothing stops him.

"You want to be a hero Tommy? Then die like one!!" Techno shouts, spawning in a group of withers.

They begin destroying the land and blowing it up. Everyone scatters as the withers send out explosions.
I take out my bow and try to hit them.

But it's no use.

Suddenly, the sky begins pouring with rain and there is a rumble within the clouds. A flash in the distance reflects the atmosphere.

Everyone screams as they try to kill the withers. The first one is shot down but no one can land a hit on the second one.

Suddenly, a flash of lighting strikes beside me and I get an idea. I take out my iron shovel and Quackity looks at me.

I press a desperate kiss to his lips before pulling away.

"No! I know what you're about to do Y/N! Don't even try it." Quackity tries to pull me back but I shrug him off, climbing in top of the building closest to the wither.

The glitching and hissing coming from me gets worse. But I try to hold myself back.

"Quackity... I'm sorry I never told you this before but... I love you!" I shout, raising my iron shovel above me, my body still glitching.

I look in the distance, seeing the same person from before. The man in the gold armour and mask. He widens his eyes at me but backs away from the fight.

"Y/N stop!" I hear voices shout. I keep the shovel held high as a lightning strike hits the shovel, sending a shockwave through my body.

I scream in agony, closing my eyes as I try to hold out.

When I open them, I see blue and white swirls around me and everyone looks shocked. I let out a hiss as it gets harder for me to stay stable.

I look towards the last wither, then back to my friends. The looks on their faces show pain and shock.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper before running towards the wither.

"Y/N NO!" Quackity cries as Tubbo and Niki try to hold him back.

I run straight towards the edge of the building where the wither hovered above the ground, the blue and white swirls getting bigger.

"Come and get me!" I shout towards the wither as it turns it's attention to me. It let's out a horrible screeching noise as it hovers my way.

"This is the end for you! You will torment us no more!" I scream, jumping off the large building.

I feel my body glitch for one last time. But this time, I let it happen.

As I reach the wither, I scream out in anger.

Then there is an explosion.

I feel my body finally give in as the glitching stops, turning into an explosion. The wither cries in pain as it drops to the floor, dead.

But then I'm falling.

I look up at the clouded sky as the cold rain hits my face as I feel the wind rushing through my hair.

The explosion sent me so high into the air and now there is only one way down.

I close my eyes, remembering all the good times I spent with my family. All the time we spent in L'manburg. The time I spent with Quackity.

If only I could have spent more time with everyone. Maybe if I stopped Wilbur from blowing up L'manburg, everything would be fine.

Maybe if I killed Dream, there would have been no conflict and everyone could have lived in a world without tyrany and villainy.

Maybe if I never joined L'manburg, history may have been different. Things may have turned out better. Maybe even my brothers would have had a better life without me.

Maybe... if I told Quackity I loved him before now, we could have been happier.

But as Techno said, good things don't happen to heroes.

I feel a hot tear fall down my face as I descend to the ground at a high speed. I close my eyes, waiting on death.

There has been enough loss for one day.

I will always be willing to sacrifice myself for the ones I love. It's in my blood.

"Y/N!"

"No!"

I hear the cries of my friends and family as I come closer to the ground. I let out a breath, smiling as I come closer to the ground.

I close my eyes for the last time as darkness envelopes me.

Maybe it was never meant to be...