Chapter 55

My legs carry me towards my home in Kinoko Kingdom as I keep an emotionless face. People stare at me as I pass by but I pay them no attention.

Denial. The small voice in the back of my head telling me that my brother can't be dead.

Anger. The fury I feel towards Dream knowing that all he has ever caused is war an pain.

Bargaining. Telling myself that there must be a way to get Tommy back.

Depression. The feeling of knowing that I will most likely never see my only family ever again.

Acceptance. Finally telling myself that Tommy is dead. Coming to realise that his death is final. His story is finished.

But it all leads down to one thing.

Revenge.

A savage feeling of wanting to get payback on someone who has causes so many wrongs and can no longer be fixed.

That person being Dream.

I storm through the entrance of Kinoko Kingdom with my fists tightly clenched.

"Y/N? What's going on?" Karl asks kindly but I don't even better an eyelid his way.

"Not now Karl. I have business to take care of." I say in a stone cold voice. I can hear him say a small 'oh' but decides to leave me be.

I slam open the door to mine and Quackity's house, probably scaring the shit out of him but that doesn't matter right now.

I look into the mirror, ripping the bandage off my eye, revealing a dark scar going from below my eye, across my cheekbone and down to my jawline.

"What the fuck? Y/N what's wrong?!" Quackity exclaims, rushing over to my side as I pick up an enchanted netherite axe from behind the door, dragging it along the floor.

"I'm taking revenge Quackity."

He looks at me with wide eyes and a hint of confusion.

"For what exactly?"

"Tommy's dead Quackity! My own fucking brother was beaten to death in front of me by Dream and there was nothing I could do. So I'm getting my revenge. Maybe I'll even get revenge on Sam too. I have him a chance to be my dad and he blew it!" I throw the axe over my shoulder, walking back out of the house.

By now, Sapnap and George have joined Karl's side, watching the scene in front of them.

"Y/N you can't just go storming into the prison and expect to kill him." Quackity tries to reason with me and I shake my head.

"Oh no? Try me." I continue my walk but he gently grips my wrist, pulling me back to him. He pulls me tight to his chest to listen to his calming heart beat.

I feel myself calming down, coming to my senses to the sound of his beating heart. I feel my cheeks dampen from salty tears which begin to fall, wetting Quackity's clothes.

"Shhhh... it's okay. It's okay. Let it out." He soothes me, stroking my hair and back. I let all the anger leave my body as my legs turn weak. Quackity holds me up slightly so that I don't fall.

"Why am I such a fuck up Quackity? Everytime I have a chance to save someone, I fail. I couldn't save Wilbur. I couldn't save Tommy. I don't even think I can save myself. I'm worse than Dream." I sob and he holds me even closer than before.

"Hey you're not worse than that green asshole Y/N. You're much better than him. You're strong. Nothing that has ever happened has been your fault. You protect people out of the goodness of your heart. That's enough to make you a good person." He smiles at me as I wipe away my tears.

Quackity lifts my chin to face him. He looks into my eyes before tracing my extremely visible scar which travels across the side of my face.

"I told you you'd look badass with this scar." He smirks and I chuckle ever so slightly.

He then does something unexpected, reaching for his own bandage, gently taking it away from his eye.

The scar looked like mine, except it went from above his eyebrow down to below his eye. It cut across his eyelid which was also scarred. His eye however, is pure white. To anyone else, they may find it horrifying. But I find it intriguing. Beautiful.

"Wow." I smile at him and he blushes but at the same time covers his eye.

"Hey don't do that. It makes you look cool. Like me. We're matching." I pull his hand away, smiling at him.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you back at the prison Y/N. If I was there I might have been able to help." Quackity looks guilty but I shake my head.

"It's not your fault love. Nothing will ever be your fault." I reassure him to which he nods.

We look over at Sapnap, Karl and George, giving them a small nod as they smile slightly before walking away.

"I tell you what, why don't we plan it. A revenge plan for Dream. Maybe we can torture him a bit. See how that plays out. Mind games and a bit of pain can be enough to drive a man insane." I smirk darkly and Quackity thinks about it for a second.

"Alright. But we'll need a plan. If we're going to get into Dream's cell, you're gonna need to make Sam side with us somehow. I say, we visit Dream in a week or two." Quackity suggests.

"Sounds like a plan." I smile, the pair of us walking back home. We step inside, closing the door behind us as I place the axe back down on the floor beside the door.

"Sit down. I'll make you dinner." Quackity gestures to the table, smiling and walking into the kitchen to make dinner.

What did I do to deserve this boy?