Chapter 12

"Tommy! Tommy wait up!" I run into the cavern, following him into a separate room. A small room with a bed and a few torches.

"He's gone fucking mad Y/N!" He exclaims, running a hand through his hair, stressed. He sits on the bed, rubbing his face.

"What do you mean? I know he seemed a little bit off but... it can't be that bad right?" I question. Tommy replies with a sarcastic laugh, "He wants to blow up Manburg Y/N. His exact words were 'if I can't have Manburg, no one can'. He's gone mad." He sighs.

Then it hits me.

My mind goes back to my dream from a bit ago. The one that took place in a small rocky area underground. The one where Wilbur went mad and Tommy tried to attack me.

I quickly leave the room, examining the cavern. The buttons on the walls and the small lit up areas looking exactly how they did in my dream.

Did my subconscious predict the future?

A shiver runs down my spine and I try to shake it off, hoping that the nightmare won't come true. I wonder back over to Tommy, slinging an arm over his shoulder and messing up his hair.

"Agh! Stop it dickhead!" He swats my hand and arm away, crossing his arms. I laugh, rolling my eyes at him.

We talk for what feels like forever. I don't know when I'll get the chance to see my little brother again. I let out a yawn, about to fall asleep but then I remember that I came here when it was dark.

Shit! I forgot about the time.

"Hey Tommy, do you have a clock?" I ask and he nods, pointing towards a small clock on the wall.

6am.

"Oh god! Tommy, I forgot about the time. I have to go. Now. If you speak to Wilbur and Techno, tell them I had to leave ok? And that I... miss them." I ask and he sleepily nods his head, laying down on his bed as I leave.

"Y/N we have to go! Come on!" Tubbo rushes out of Pogtopia with me. We are blinded by the sun as we leave due to having little to no light down there.

We both sprint over the grassy fields as quick as possible, making our way back inside Manburg. Hopefully no one saw us.

We begin a slow walk towards the large presidential building but I tap Tubbo's arm, getting his attention. He looks at me and I gesture to a group of people with pickaxes in their hands.

They're tearing down the walls.

I see Schlatt and I run over to the group, Tubbo following behind me.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" I exclaim. Schlatt chuckles darkly, "I told you sweetheart, there is gonna be a lot of change to this place. There is still more to come!"

I gasp as I see Fundy with the L'manburg flag in his hand. He holds a lighter in his hand, the flame flickering under the flag.

"Fundy! Stop, what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry Y/N. But L'manburg is gone. It's not coming back." He says, holding the flame directly under the flag.

Within milliseconds, the flag bursts into flame as Fundy drops the flag on the ground before walking away. I gasp trying to put the fire out but by the time I did, the only part of the flag left was one of the small red crosses on a patch of white.

"No..." I whisper, kneeling down to pick up the leftover material, holding it in my hands.

"I told you so..." a silhouette with horns stands behind me, their body casting a shadow as they look down at me.

I stand up, turning to face the bastard president, scowl at him in pure anger.

"Oh suck it up Y/N. This place needed some adjustments. So cheer up sweets, we have a festival to plan." He straightens his red tie, walking back to the large presidential building.

I place the small piece of material into a pocket, observing as the former residents of L'manburg are forced to tear down the blackstone walls. Niki looks distraught as she is forced to continue as guards shout at the citizens.

I look up onto the small hill opposite Manburg seeing Wilbur and Tommy staring down at everything. I can't see their faces but I can tell how they feel.

Walking through the corrupted nation, I make my way over to my old house. The house is dark and some dust particles cover surfaces due to not being cleaned.

I pick up a few photo frames, looking at the photos of us all. We were happy, dressed in our L'manburg uniform with smiles on our faces.

Wilbur was holding a large flag pole with the L'manburg flag on it while I was smiling along with Fundy. Tommy and Tubbo were play fighting with each other to the side of us.

I subconsciously smile as I remember when we all used to be happy. I just wish things could go back to the way they were.

A small knock on my front door pulls me back to reality and I open the door just a crack, seeing Quackity. I quickly open it fully, noticing another bruise on his forehead and his lip had been busted open again.

"Holy shit, Quackity!" I rush him inside my house, pulling out more medical supplies from the secret stash under the floor.

"He knows Y/N. He saw you leaving Manburg and came to ask me where you went. I saw you too. I knew you'd be going to find Wilbur and Tommy but I tried to cover for you. Schlatt didn't believe me." Quackity tells me and my heart drops.

He lied for me? Why would he do that? Unless...

"I'm so so sorry Quackity. You should have let me take the blame. Im always getting you hurt." I say.

"I'd get hurt a million more times if it saves you Y/N."