Chapter 3

Once I make it back to my house, I flick on the lights and kick off my boots. I hang up my L'manburg uniform, turning on my small desk lamp.

I open up the small brown leather book and take out my ink and quill. I begin writing down everything that happened today from the run in with Schlatt to the meeting with Wilbur and Tommy.

The ink spreads across the pages in a fine manner as I write with my quill. All is peaceful until a knock on the door causes me to jump.

I spill some of the ink onto the pages, some of the words becoming blacked out with ink. I let out an angry groan as I storm towards the door in my bed clothes.

When I open the door, I come face to face with the new guy.

"Ugh, you again? I thought I made it clear that you should stay away." I become serious once more. He steps towards me to enter my house but I put out an arm to stop him.

"Well... I believe we got off on the wrong foot. I'm Quackity."

"And I don't care."

He looks hurt for a split second but soon changes his expression to one of amusement.

"Oh don't be like that little miss I don't care. I came to see if you would be my running partner." He says, straightening his blue beanie. I become confused and raise my eyebrows.

"You mean like actually running? Like one foot in front of the other whilst jogging really fast?" I ask, needing clarification. Wait. He doesn't mean...

"No. I mean, I need a running partner for the election. SWAG2020." He places his hands behind his back.

Oh shit. First Schlatt now him?

"Fisrt of all, what makes you think you'd be a good president? Second, why would you even ask me to be your running partner? You know my loyalties lie with my brothers. My family." I step out of my house, pushing him back slightly.

"Well first of all, if I become president, I would make a lot of... changes to L'manburg. Clean the place up a bit. You know? Second, I want you to join me because you hold power. Who wouldn't love a pretty lady like yourself? I want you on my team."

"So does everybody else. Move along Quackily!" His face frowns and he rolls his eyes.

"It's Quackity." He corrects.

"Yeah whatever." I walk back towards my door, opening it before looking back at him.

"You may have just made a big mistake Y/N. You'll come to learn that and regret it one day." He says with a sweet smile on his face.

"Oh yeah? Try me."

I slam the door on him, leaving him out in the cold night. I carefully peer around my curtains to see if he was still there.

There he stands, looking down with a sad expression on his face. Wow, he really did want me to be his running partner.

My heart aches ever so slightly for him. What if he isn't planning anything suspicious? What if he just genuinely wants to be friends?

I shake the thoughts out of my head as I watch him walk away towards who knows where.

I sigh, brushing a hand through my hair, sitting back down at my desk. I stare at the book which once had a page full of writing but now is covered in ink.

Why couldn't life just be simpler? I wish we could all go back to the good old days where we were a happy family. Just me, Wilbur, Tommy... Techno. Dad.

I'm not saying I never wanted all this but I wish we could just live a normal life. Instead I have to spend every moment of my life living in fear of being killed or losing those who I love.

I lay down on my bed, staring up at my wooden ceiling as the thoughts slowly drift from my head, allowing me to fall into a deep slumber.

I sit up, the dripping of water around me as I feel myself stand up from a cold rocky floor. Water droplets hit my face as I look around to find no one in sight.

"Hello?! Is anyone there? Can anyone hear me?!" My voice echoes throughout the cavern I'm stuck in. I feel the cold air hit my skin as my breath becomes visible, drifting through the air in front of me.

Suddenly, a little light shines in the distance and I subconsciously walk towards it. My boots making a clicking noise as I walk.

I walk further and further towards the light but stop when I feel something under my boot. I look down, noticing a small red object, reaching down to pick it up.

TNT? Why would there be TNT here?

"We never should have let her stay. She was the one who caused all this." An almost insane voice states. The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I walk towards a small gap in the rocks, seeing two figures inside a small room.

Wilbur and Tommy.

"You should have never come here Y/N. You should have died!" Wilbur shouts, his eyes practically glowing red with rage. I back up towards a wall, my head hitting the stone wall, causing a slight pain.

Tommy turns to me, blood and bruises cover his face, his skin pale. He looked lifeless.

My own subconscious mind was playing tricks on me. It is as if my own mind is forcing me to live out my fears. My own personal hell.

"You did this to me. It was all you!" Tommy shouts rushing towards me. I cower on the ground as I hold my arms in front of me, ready for them to attack.

My eyes shoot open as my breathing remains uneven. My body covered in sweat.

I look at the clock on my wall. It was only 4am. I guess there's no going back to sleep now.