Together, Anya and Alina raised their arms causing the dome of light to expand. The Volcra surrounding Inej, Kaz and Zoya shrieked in agony as they were brought back into the light. Kaz quickly rushed over to the railing watching in complete awe at Anya and Alina's power. Perhaps Inej's belief in Saints was not as ridiculous as he thought.

Meanwhile, Aleksander was in complete rage. He killed the Stag! How is it possible for two Shu girls of low birth wield such power?

"How do you claim such power? I am the one who killed the Stag. The one who kills the Stag also controls the Phoenix!" He angrily shouts.

"I didn't understand before, but I do now." Alina states. "You cannot claim what was not given to you."

"The Stag and Phoenix chose us." Anya's power surges and her wings slowly formed on her back while the antlers disappeared into Alina's skin.

"You chose to betray our people. I was trying to save us." Aleksander stands up in a fury, raising his hands to attack the girls. Suddenly, Mal tackles Aleksander and the two fall over the skiff.

"Mal!" Alina shouts, running over to the railing. She pants anxiously as she watches Mal and Aleksander stand up, composing themselves. Anya rushes over. She gasps as she sees Mal doubled over in pain as Aleksander punches him repeatedly. Mal falls on his back as Aleksander steps towards him menacingly. He raises his arms to perform the cut when he is forcibly stopped in is tracks. He looks over his shoulder as Anya gently lowers herself to the ground with her arm extended out.

"You will not hurt anyone else!" Her eyes burn bright as she focuses her powers on holding Aleksander. The dome of light drops and darkness takes over again leaving them completely blind. Anya raises her head, letting out a powerful blast that knocks Aleksander to the ground.

"Go." She orders, turning her head to face Mal. "Make sure Alina is safe. Mal sends her nod of appreciation before running back to the skiff.

"We could of had everything Anya!" Aleksander says standing up to face her.

"We could've bent Ravka and Grisha to our will."

"You still don't get it." She shouts. "I don't want all that! Before you showed your true colors the only thing I wanted was you." Aleksander's expression dropped into one of sadness at Anya's confession.

"We can still have that-"

"No, we can't." She cuts him off. Aleksander drops his head down in shame before raising it back up. A look of anger and malice on his face.

"You're nothing without me. You don't even know how to use your powers. How can a girl who doesn't even know who she is understand the might of the power she has?"

"I do know how to use my powers. I always have. It was just the fear you imbedded in me that kept me from reaching my full potential. You're first words to me were "who are you?" I know who I am." Anya crosses her arms over her chest forming an 'X'.

"My name is Anya Starkov. And I am the Phoenix Summoner." Throwing her arms into the air, the vibrant flames engulf her body once again. Aleksander lunges toward Anya and she quickly dodges turning her body away. She holds her hand out stopping him in his tracks and pushes him away. She pulls him back like she once did with the Fjerdan and slams him into the ground with her arm. Guess all that combat training wasn't a waste after all.

Aleksander stands up holding onto his stomach in pain. He raises his arms but is soon quickly cut off by Anya who sends a powerful blast, pushing him further away from her. A Volcra screeches behind her causing her to look back. Aleksander kicks her down with his foot while her back her back is turned. She falls face first to the ground, using her hands to break her fall. She looks up in front of her noticing Mal's gun an inch away from her. Aleksander catches sight of the Volcra, giving Anya enough time to hide the gun under her body.

Aleksander limps over to her and pushes her body right side up. She shoots Aleksander hitting him straight in the shoulder. He stumbles back from the force and Anya stands up sending another powerful blast knocking him down. He stands up giving Anya an incredulous look, not noticing the Volcra landing behind him.

"I've survived for centuries. Did you really think you could kill me?"

"I don't have to kill you, Aleksander." She smirks.

"Your past will do it for me." The Volcra attacks Aleksander and Anya races back to the skiff. She levitates herself onto the skiff, noticing Alina unconscious on the ground.

"Alina!" She panics racing over to her and kneeling beside her.

"What happened?" She asks as she frantically wipes the sweat from Alina's face.

"It's Kirigan's Heartrender."

"Come on, Alina." Mal mutters and he picks her up in his arms. Tears start to fall down Anya's cheek as she held onto her sister's clammy hand. She couldn't lose her, not after everything they've been through.

"Alina, come back for me, please. Alina?" She whimpers. Kaz kneels down and wraps his arm around her shoulder trying to comfort her. Anya looked up as multiple Volcra began swooping down.

"Anya..." Alina whispers, waking up.

"I'm here. I'm here."

"Let go." Anya furrowed her eyes in confusion .

"What?"

"You need to let go." She states again. Suddenly, Anya sees a bright light in the corner. She looks up and her mother and the Stag stood in the corner watching.

"Release your power, Anya. No fear." Her mother says softly. Anya looked back up at the Volcra realizing what she had to do. If they were going to make it out alive, Anya had to do the one thing she was scared of. Let go.

Anya slowly stood up from Kaz's grasp and walked over to the center of the skiff, keeping her eyes firmly on the Volcra. She closed her eyes feeling her power overtake her. She gently lifted herself off the ground, levitating over the group who watched on in amazement. The Volcra screeched around her and she crossed her arms over her chest once again creating an 'X'. Every sound around her seemed to disappear as she took deep breaths.

"Let go."

Anya's eyes flung open and she threw her arms out and screamed, her power surrounding her. The force grew disintegrating the Volcra around her. Her scream turned high pitch as the flames around her formed the shape of a bird. Her power began to fade and Anya gently lowered herself to the ground. As soon as her feet touched the skiff, her legs gave out an she fell right into Kaz's awaiting arms.

~

Holy crap this was a long chapter. Honestly hope it came out better than I thought it did. Anyways there's only one more chapter guys. I honestly don't know what I am going to do after.