Strangers to, Friends into Lovers...

Morgan's POV:
(Play Song)

I wake up tired and empty of motivation. I glance to my left seeing an empty bed. Sheets cold and untouched. My hand unconsciously slides to her side of the bed, my fingers playing with the cold fabric. The same fabric that used to be warm and in shambles. I sigh and look up at the ceiling knowing what today was.

The funeral.

My eyes dart at the clock sitting on the night stand next to me, blaring the numbers '10:32'. I groan and sit up, leaning my head on the headboard, staring at the nightstand. Not exactly the blinding clock, but the silver picture frame adjacent to it. The same picture taken of Isla and I just a month ago.

(Flashback but rewritten in Morgan's POV)

"So what did you guys do today?" I ask her, referring to her day babysitting Jack.

"Played, ate, slept, baked." She says with a smile before wiping my mouth of any icing left with a laugh. "Took some pictures." she adds.

"Yeah?" I asks with a smile.

"Mhm." She vocalizes before getting out from under my warm arms and reaches for the small camera on the coffee table. She shuffles back next to me and turns the flash on.

She turns the camera around and plasters on a big smile, showing off all her perfect teeth. She suddenly grabs my cheeks with one hand forcing me to smile wide. I laugh loudly, throwing my head back at her actions of forcing me to smile. She chuckles at my silly behavior before leaning into me, her chuckles forming into uncontrollable laughter.

She snaps the photo by accident when I try to pry her hand off my face. A bad attempt truly.

"Derek!" She says sternly, but it was obvious she was only joking. I laugh at her fake angry face and shake my head.

"We don't need pictures, I see you with my own eyes." I tell her while I see the photo come out of the camera slowly.

"For memories." She tells me, shaking the photo gently.

"I have a great memory." I counter.

"Says the man who forgot to pick up the groceries today." She scorns me with a pointed look. I bite my lips before taking the photo out of her dainty hands.

"Let's see this damn photo." I speak, changing the subject. She chuckles and look down at the photo in my large hands.

"I love it." she whispers, examining the photo.

"Me too." I agree with a faint smile. I lean forward and place the photo on the coffee table next to other frames already there of the whole team.

(End of flashback)

I shake my head before the tears start to form. Already sick of the feeling of having to spend yet another day crying all day. But I truly can't help it. Everything reminds me of her.

The breeze when it gives me chills. This apartment. Work. Our friends. Her clothes that are still in my closet because I can't bring myself to put them away.

The ring that I bought, that sits lonely on her side of the bed stand. Open, reminding me that she never got to see it. She probably didn't even know I wanted to marry her.

My alarm goes off making me hit it before dragging myself out of bed to get ready. I take a shower, brush my hair forward, and get dressed.

I pull on a pair of black dress pants, black button up shirt, and a black suit coat over it. I overlook myself in the mirror before unbuttoning the first three buttons of the shirt, exposing my chest slightly.

She loved when I wore my button up's open.

I glance at the clock and sigh knowing I had to pick up the kids. I grab my blue V-neck shirt I wear so often and grab my keys and sunglasses. I walk down the hall and enter the elevator, the small music reminding me of the time we almost got caught doing it in this very elevator.

A chuckle escapes my lips from the memory. But that is exactly what it is, a memory.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

I roll up to the home and unlock the car. I slide out and make my way up to the door. I ring the doorbell and hear shuffling on the other side of the door.

It opens revealing a puffy eyed Tyler wearing a black long sleeve shirt and jeans because of the cold winter weather. In his arms he holds Olive who barely even looks up at me.

She wears a small black dress and tights underneath.

"You guys ready?" I ask. Tyler nods and sets Olive on the floor.

"I don't want to go." She wines, tears forming in her big eyes.

"You need to." Tyler counters slightly angry at his sisters complaints.

"Don't you want to see mommy?" I ask, crouching down next to her.

"But she won't see me..." She whispers, rubbing her face from the tears.

"No, but she will still be looking out for you. She's always going to be here with us. We just can't see her." I explain, feeling my voice crack.

Tyler sniffles before grabbing his sisters hand and walking with her to the car. I stand up and wipe my face of any tears that may have escaped. A cold wind blows making me shiver under my jacket.

"Isn't it strange?" A voice asks.

"What?" I ask looking at her.

"How you two were mere strangers. Than friends. Than lovers." The kids foster home mother explains.

"And strangers again." I mutter.

"Well like you said, she's always with you. You just can't see her." She says giving me a small smile before pointing up to the sky.

I look up only to feel little bits of cool frosts touch my nose.

White soft snow falls from the sky, making it look almost as if we were in a movie. It falls lightly around me, making the tip of my nose run from the instant cold.

"There wasn't any say of snow today." She mentions.

I smile and look up, closing my eyes as the snow falls on my cheeks, the feeling cold to the touch, but a warmer effect on the inside.

Isla's touch.

"Like you said. Always here." She says with a smile before closing the door.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

This song really does describe their relationship so well. They were strangers at work, who ten matured into friends, and then gradually became lovers. And sadly back to strangers.

Vote and Comment!

Word count: 1104