Profiler, Profiled Pt. 2

(Play Song)

I stay crouched along with a few cops, the detective, Hotch, and Gideon ready for Carl to confess to raping and killing those kids.

Through the small holes of the barrier separating me from Carl and Morgan. I see Morgan shuffle into the room, not taking his eyes off Carl who's putting away supplies. Morgan calls out his name causing Carl to stop what he's doing and meet him.

"You've been let go?" He asks and Morgan nods.
"I told 'em it was crazy" Carl lies with a smile.
"Really? Gordinski said you're the one who told them I drove Damien home." Morgan interrogates.
"Was that supposed to be a secret?" Carl asks.
"No. That wasn't a secret." Morgan says furrowing his eyebrows together before stepping closer to Carl. My breath hitches and I grip the handle of my gun harder.

"All these years, I kept my mouth shut. I let you go on as a hero. Carl Buford, My mentor." Morgan states with venom in his voice. "I was so afraid of you. I was afraid of the police, afraid of losing everything I was gaining. But that's how you work, isn't it." He says getting angrier.

"You make sure there's a hell lot to lose, don't you?" Morgan utters. Carl chuckles not believing a word Morgan says.

"I don't know what you think you remember." Carl insists but Morgan stops him.

"No, no, no. See, it's not what I remember that's gonna hurt you Carl. What happened to me was so long ago no ones gonna care." Morgan interrupts with tears begging to be dropped.

"Then good night Derek." Carl laughs.
"You set me up!" Morgan yells. "You knew Damien wanted James to call me about what you do to him. So you killed him? You killed him because YOU knew I'd come after you...didn't you?!" Morgan proposes.

"Now your just talkin crazy." Carl says leaning on a table in-front of him. Morgan loses it and grips his head.

"God, I should've told someone about you when I was a kid! When you were 'helping' me." Derek says, his eyes glossy from him squinting them. "Well, you know what happens in cases like this? Once that dam breaks, the flood comes. After one kid steps up...they all do. You're gonna so many accusations you'll be drowning in them." Derek remarks.

"Whatever lies James told-" Carl starts but Morgan steps forward interrupting him.
"They're not lies! You did the same thing to me!" Derek cry's pointing to himself. I close my eyes and roll my lips into my mouth, trying not to make a sound.

"Do you have any idea how many kids I helped get out of this neighborhood? Hm?" Carl yells lifting his arms around him questioning Morgan. "How many lives I've provided." He says angrier, slapping his own chest.

Morgan bites down on his lips, tears flowing down his face. He slowly nods his head, causing more tears to drop down his face.

"Look at you! You'd probably be dead by now if it weren't for me." Carl says proudly, as if what he did is justifiable for rape and murder.

"Yeah, well, it wasn't for free, was it?" Morgan questions already knowing the answer.

"I pulled you out of the gutter." Carl professes. Morgan's face scrunches together in pain before yelling, "I pulled myself out the gutter! All the way to the FBI! I...DID...THAT!" Morgan shouts slamming his finger into his own chest.

"You saying, I had nothing to do with making you who you are?" Carl asks surprised.
"No Carl. I'm saying you have everything to do with making me who I am." Derek cry's scrunching up his nose in disgust towards Carl.

"Look, Derek...I never hurt you. You could've said no. You could've pushed me away, you...you secretly liked it." Carl says sympathizing with Morgan. At this Morgan closes his eyes and sobs. Detective Gordinski starts to make his way out of our secret spot walking towards Carl.