Here Comes the Sun

An uncomfortable sensation fills my cold body as I squeeze my eyes shut from the abnormally bright sun that blares through our bedroom window. I groan and turn around, laying on my left side.

"Morgan shut the blinds." I groan as I cover my head with my arm. He mumbles in return but I never feel the bed dip, nor do I feel my comfortable sheet covers. And now that I think about it I don't feel my silk pillowcase under my head. I furrow my brows in confusion before opening my eyes and squinting against the bright room.

I lay on a brown floor, with my dress pants covering my bare body, and my shirt balled up under my head.

What the hell?

Than realization hits me.

"Oh shit! Oh shit!" I start to yell and get up from the hard floor.

"Shhh..." Morgan whispers at me. I look down at him and smack his toned back.

"Get up! Get up right now! Oh my god what time is it?!" I say as I shrug on my now wrinkled button up shirt. My eyes meet the clock over the wall before bulging out. I cover my mouth quickly before grabbing my pants and yelling at Morgan.

"Morgan! Up NOW! It's 5:47 everyone's gonna be here soon!" I yell at his still sleeping figure as I push my long legs through my dress pants. I jump messily and try to pull them up quickly as I stare at Morgan slowly sit up uncomfortably.

(Play Song)

"What are you..." He starts before his eyes trail around the room and see's all the work desks and chairs. "Oh shit!" He yells before jumping up and pulling on his jeans.

"Quick help me pick up these papers." I say as I run over to my desk and grab last nights case files, pens, pictures, and anything else that fell on the floor. Morgan pulls his shirt over his head, letting the sleeves fall as he grabs a few pens from under the desk.

"Oh my god, I think I just heard Hotch's car beep in the parking lot..." I say with utter fear. This causes Morgan to try to get up quickly but fails. Instead he bangs his head under the table, causing him to curse out loud and grab his head. I put all my belongings neatly on the desk before grabbing Morgan's arm that's covering his head and pull him up to a sitting position on my desk. Morgan scowls at me before plopping my pens in my jar.

I sigh in relieve as I brush my hands through my probably tangled hair.

"Umm...Isla." Morgan says.

"What?" I ask him. He bites his lips and points to my exposed chest through my button up.

"No...no...no" I say grabbing my shirt and seeing that the buttons are gone from Morgan ripping it open last night. The ding of the elevator catches my attention causing me to hunch over my desk and pretend I'm writing something. Hotch walks in with his bag in hand.

"You two are here early." He says with his dark brows furrowed.

"Yeah, couldn't sleep." Morgan lies. Hotch nods before pointing at me.

"Might want to work on that posture Del la Cruz." He jokes but I was so anxious that it sounded as if he was suspicious of me. I chuckle nervously and nod.

"Will do sir." I say with a smile. He tilts his head.

"You sure you're okay?" He asks me and I nod. He mumbles an "okay." before entering his office and closing his door. Morgan laughs and hunches over covering his laugh. I roll my eyes at him annoyed.

"Shut up." I grumble trying to find my buttons on the floor.

"Will do sir." He copies what I said in a light voice, that's supposed to sound like me.

"That sounds nothing like me." I say with a huff.

"Aw is mama mad?" He says with a pout. I slap his leg hard causing him to shut up.

"Someone's violent this morning." He says lowly before lifting his leg up with a grimace.

"Ah what the..." He says picking at something under his leg that's causing him discomfort. He pulls out one of my buttons before smirking proudly.

"Found your button." He says with a smile. I grab it thankfully but unable to act on it once everyone walks in.

"Good morning my lovelies." Garcia chimes.

"Morning princess" Morgan says tiredly while I say, "Morning hun."

"Someone had a rough night." Prentiss says as she hands Morgan and me and cup of coffee. Hotch joins us as he too was bought a coffee.

"Oh you have no idea." Morgan jokes as he looks at me and smirks.

We all sit there and drink our coffees as we laugh and enjoy a peaceful moment for once.

We talk about how halloween is today, our past experiences, and fun little facts.

"I never even went trick or treating." I say sipping my coffee.

"What! How?!" Garcia says loudly causing her glasses to prop on the tip of her nose.

"My parents never aloud me. I used to just stick to the basement and hear all the kids ring doorbells and ask for candy." I say aloud with a shrug. Morgan rubs my shoulders sadly.

"Oh my...that was such a stupid question. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean t-to" Garcia starts but I put a hand up.

"It's fine. I'm over it." I say with a shrug. We slowly start to talk about Hotch and what he'll be doing for halloween, if Jack will be staying with him or his now ex wife.

The conversation continues but Reid doesn't speak, instead he shuffles constantly in his seat.

"Kid you good?" Morgan asks. Reid barely hears him instead he starts to mutter things under his breath and digs for something under him.

"What has been bugging me all morning?" Reid asks as he gets up from his chair and pulls out my button.

"Is that..." Rossi starts as he squints at Reid's hand.

"A button." JJ finishes. My mouth goes dry before I slowly sip my coffee. All eyes land on Morgan and I causing me to clear my throat and smile nervously.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

A small happy chapter before we continue. I absolutely adore when chaotic scenes like Isla and Morgan getting ready is paired with happy music because it's the perfect contrast. I also thought the song was perfect for them all drinking coffee and being a true family.

Hope you enjoyed!

Vote and comment!

Word count: 1107