Children of the Dark Pt. 2

"Yeah, Hotch? We just dropped them off, we're leaving. The backpacks? No, why would we search the backpacks?" He asks just as two gunshots are heard from in the house. I unbuckle my seatbelt and grab my gun, running out the car. Morgan runs in front of me and kicks the front the door open. I look inside and my breath hitches.

"Tyler! Drop that gun!" Derek yells. Tyler shakes in his spot and my eyes trail to the foster mother on the floor.

"You hurt?" I ask.

"No." She answers.

"Tyler, take it easy." Morgan tell him. Tyler's head bobs to the side telling us to look at the wall. Pictures of happy children have bulletholes in them, glass flooding the floor.

"They're lies." Tyler tells us.

"I know. But you could've come in here, and made her pay, and you didn't." Morgan tells Tyler. I slowly put my gun away and walk slowly towards Tyler. "Isla you aren't wearing a vest." Morgan states loudly but I ignore him.

"Tyler you're a good kid. You aren't Gary, you don't need to finish what he started." I tell Tyler. Morgan walks next to me and puts his gun away too.

"I don't want to hurt you Tyler. Ok?" Morgan asks.

"Tyler look at me. Can you give me the gun? If you do I promise I will take you and all the kids out of this house. They will never foster kids again." I promise him as I slowly step closer with my hand open for him to give me the gun.

"You promise?" Tyler asks and I nod. Tears well up in his eyes as he hands me the gun. I give it to Morgan behind me and pull Tyler in a tight hug. He buries his face in my shoulder and holds me tightly as he cries. I lay my head ontop of his head and close my eyes in relief.

"I got you Tyler." I mumble into his head. He sniffles and lets go and walks over to Derek. Derek hugs him tightly, holding the back of Tyler's head close to him.

"We promised you Tyler." He tells the crying boy. Little feet run down the stairs and the little girl runs with her arms open to me. I squat down and pick her up, pulling her into me. Her short legs wrap around my waist and her arms around my neck.

"We promised all of you." I say aloud, hugging her. Once we let go I motion for the foster mother to get up as I get my cuffs out. I cuff the woman and escort her out the house and into the car. We gather up all the children and call the police to help take them back to the station. Once we get there we put the kids in a room as I go talk to Hotch. Prentiss and Hotch clean up the files as I hear her speak up.

"I can take Carrie." She tells Hotch but he shakes his head.

"She has family coming to pick her up to take her to California." Hotch answers. My heart drops as I leave and look for Carrie. She sits in the lobby staring at the T.V.

"You caught them." She tells me and I nod as I sit down.

"Yes we did, with your help." I answer crossing my legs. "So I heard you're going to live with some family members." I speak up and she nods looking down at her hands.

"Yeah my grandparents on my dads side. I'm leaving tonight." She tells me.

"Do you want to?" I ask and she shrugs.

"I like them so I guess I'll go with them." She answers. She grabs my hand on hers and looks up at me. "Gracias por todo." she tells me and I smile.

"De nada Carrie" I respond. "If you ever want to talk to someone here's my personal number." I tell her as I scribble it down on a piece of paper on the desk. She takes it and smiles. Morgan walks out of the kids room and gives me a toothy grin as he passes by.