Children of the Dark Pt. 1

I wake up earlier than usual and jump into the shower. Once I get out I put my mostly dry hair in a thick braid before applying some light mascara and eyeshadow. I put some concealer under my eyes and foundation on my scars before applying a nude lipstick.

I walk to my closet and pick out some high waisted black dress pants and a slightly cropped brown tank top. I shrug on a long thin brown leather jacket and put my watch on. Grabbing my keys, gun, and phone I throw them into a black bag and go to get my work shoes. Once sliding them on I grab my purse and stand in front of the mirror. Taking over my body I smile, finally able to rejoin the team.

I walk out the front door and into to my car.

Once I arrive in the building the security guard greets me and congratulates me on my return. I thank him and get into the elevator, riding it up to the BAU special agent level. Once arriving I make my way to Hotch's office.

He sits there bright and early with his head in his hands. I knock twice on the open door causing him to sit up straight and pretend to be working.

"You're here early." He states and I frown looking at him so distressed.

"Yeah, it was my first day again....you okay Hotch?" I ask him. He looks up at me and waves his hand dismissively.

"Of course Del la Cruz. Just a hard few cases without you, trying to get up to speed." He lies. I sit in front of him and place my arms on the desk.

"Aaron." I say using his real name. He looks up at me and sighs before looking at the closed door, making sure no ones there.

"Hayley's cheating on me." He whispers lowly.

"What..." I mutter not believing what he's saying.

"We've been distant lately, she hates that I always work. And when I got reassigned..." He starts but my eyes bulge out.

"You've been reassigned?!" I ask and he nods.

"I was but I'm not going anywhere now, it's behind us. But Hayley wasn't too happy. One day that I was home the house phone rings and I answer but no response. Less than a moment later so does Hayley's. She had this guilty look on her face, I know it's not right to profile my wife but I had to know." He explains sadly.

"And what about Jack?" I ask and Hotch sighs loudly putting his head in between his hands.

"I don't know. I don't know." He repeats. I grab one of his hands on his head and hold it in mine.

"It'll all work out Hotch, you love Jack and he loves you. You're a great father trust me." I reassure him. He smiles weakly and nods his head. I let go of his hand and stand up. "Don't worry, I won't tell the team anything." I tell him.

"Not even Morgan?" He asks with a small smile and a raised eyebrow.

"Why would I tell Morgan?" I feign stupid.

"Don't forget to go to Hunan Resources and fill out the paperwork." He says which reveals he knows about Morgan and I. He hints at the relationship paperwork we'd have to fill out if Morgan and I were serious about us.

"Thanks Hotch." I chuckle before leaving.

An hour later everyone comes to work.

"Hey pretty lady, you're here early." Garcia says skipping to where I sit at my desk.

"Wanted to catch up on some work." I tell her as she hugs me tightly.

"So glad your back, hasn't been the same without you." She says before hugging me again and going into her cave.