Lucky Pt. 3

We all sit in the plane feeling disgusted about the case we just closed up. The sun is setting but that doesn't stop everyone besides Morgan, Rossi, and I to go to sleep.

I sit by the window besides Morgan who sets his left leg on my lap and the other on the floor. He plays with his hands as he stares into nothing while I look out at the beautiful sky.

Red, purple, and orange engulf the sky that we are traveling in, lighting the road back home. But it was barely home anymore. Home is where you feel safe and happy with friends and family. But all I constantly feel is fear...fear causing me to look over my shoulder.

Rossi interrupts my thoughts as he walks to where Morgan and I silently wallow, sitting in front of us.

"Blaming the devil for his cannibalism wasn't enough to lessen his guilt, so he tricked others to participate. Made them all as guilty as he was." Rossi sighs. The urge to throw up overcomes me again but I silently put a hand over my mouth and continue looking out the window.

"He caught every break possible, Rossi. He gets released from a hospital, his records get destroyed, gets pulled over with a victim in the trunk of his car. And they let him go." Morgan rants as he closes his eyes in disbelief. I roll my lips into my mouth and join the conversation.

"I've never seen someone be that lucky." I mutter. Morgan nods before tangling his hand in mine.

"What's your point?" Rossi asks.

"You think it's possible that Feylinn would...I don't know. That he was getting-" he starts before throwing his hands up at the sky. "some typa help from somethin' else?" Rossi breaths in deeply before letting it out.

"It's irrelevant. The job is to find evil, to stop it, not to know where it came from. Let someone else take that job. This ones tough enough." Rossi says earning Morgan to nod slowly and rest his head on my shoulder.

"You know...Reid was right." Rossi starts. I feel Morgan's head turn slightly to look at Rossi, but his head never lifts from my shoulder.

"About?" He questions.

"If you believe in one, you have to believe in the other." Rossi whispers. Morgan never answers, instead he pushes his head closer into me and closes his eyes in thought. Rossi looks over at me before patting my hand.

"Good night kid." He tells me as he gets up. I smile softly up at him and rest the side of my head on top of Morgan's.

"Good night Dave." I whisper before falling asleep for the rest of the plane ride.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

(Play Song)

We all shuffle out of the plane and make our way either home or into the BAU building. Hotch walks up the steps to his office while Morgan and I make our way to our desks. I put my case file away and sit up tiredly, letting out a strained noise as I stretch my arms. Morgan shuffles over to my desk and walks in between my open legs.

I rest my head on his toned chest and let out a tired sigh, wrapping my hands around his waist loosely.

"I'm so tired." I whisper into him. His large hand plays with my hair and strokes the top of my head before he bends down slightly and kisses it.

"Me too, but I was wondering if you could go somewhere with me." He suggests. I look up at him as I lean my chin on his chest.

"Where?" I ask.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

We walk into the dimly lit church, hand in hand. Morgan looks almost worried at the alter causing me to squeeze his hand in encouragement. He looks down at me before biting his lips and guiding us to the rows. We sit in one of the last rows and turn off our phones.

Morgan let's out a shaky breath and leans onto the row in from of us, closing his eyes in a sort of prayer. I smile proudly at him as I too close my eyes in prayer. Small ticks to my side causes me to open my eyes and see that Morgan's face is now buried deeply into his crossed arms. I furrow my brows and place a hand on the back of his neck.

"Morgan?" I ask but he doesn't move. I lick my lips worried and place my hand on the side of his forehead softly.

"Derek?" I ask using his first name to show how serious I am. His head lifts slowly, showing me his face. Tears brim his eyes causing me to frown. I wipe some tears and kiss his head before kissing his crossed arm. He leans his head back down tears falling down his cheeks. I lean my head on his arm as well and let him cry. We stay there for I don't know how long until he calms down.

"Why?" He asks hinting at why God didn't help him when he needed help the most. I run my thumb over his cheek and frown.

"I don't know...I don't know." I mutter honestly.

"What happened to us isn't fair. What's happening to us isn't fair." He starts talking about Joshua. I shake my head and kiss his lips tenderly.

"Life isn't fair Derek. Especially not to us." I whisper.

"What are we going to do?" Derek asks, losing his grip on optimism.

"Get through it, together. Like we always do."

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

I know that during this Garcia gets shot and hurt but I'm not letting that happen in this story. Here she never even met him. Hope you enjoyed.

Vote and Comment!

Word count: 961