North Mammon Pt. 1

I lay in bed staring up at my off white popcorn ceiling. I feel my foot shaking steadily under my soft grey duvet cover waiting for my alarm to go off. I stir laying on my side glancing at the neon red numbers staring back at me from my alarm clock, it reading 4:58. I roll off onto my back once more and bite the skin on my lip out of nervousness. Once the treturous two minutes passed I jump out of bed and slam my hand on the blaring alarm.

Once my feet touch the frigid tiled floor I swiftly walk into the bathroom and jump into the shower. While exiting I grab a robe and tie it around myself as I pick out an outfit for the first day as a B.A.U agent.

Slipping on a thin beige figure-hugging long sleeved turtleneck, tucking the ends into a pair of brown dress pants. I grab a belt and place them into the loops and buckle it tight. I quickly brush my face and teeth and tie my long thick jet black hair into a tight low pony tail, keeping all the strands out of my face. Applying a small amount of concealer and foundation before adding a nude lipstick, mascara, and a light brown eyeshadow at my creases.

I spray an appropriate amount of perfume and slip on a pair of small heeled black boots that reach over my ankle. I untuck my necklace from under my shirt and place my watch on my wrist before grabbing my keys and heading for my car in my parking spot.

The drive to the bureau was quiet and short, seeing as there was no traffic this morning. I park across the street before placing both hands on the steering wheel and closing my eyes. A few long breaths were inhailed before I had the courage to exhale and open them. I smile at my reflection in my rear view mirror before grabbing my bag in the passenger seat and exiting the car, making my way to the building across the street.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

After making my way through security I enter a large elevator and press the floor number the guard informed me of. As the doors were about to close a short woman stuck her hand between them and entered. I moved to the far right of the elevator and stood tall with my purse in hand. The woman gave me a timid smile before fixing her shirt and patting down her brown hair. I nod in return and wait for me to arrive to my floor.

Once arriving the woman rushingly exits the elevator, me following swiftly after her taking into my new work space. After I examine the entrance my eyes fall on the same woman talking to an agent with blonde hair and blue eyes. I make my way around them, through the glass doors, and walk up to a door where my supervisor supposedly works.

An Aaron Hotchner.

I knock twice before a deep voice tells me to enter. As I open the door the man stands up to his tall frame and extends his arm in front of him. I take his hand and give it a shake before staring around his office.

"You must be Ms. Del la Cruz, I am agent Aaron Hotchner but you may call me Hotch." He tells me before sitting back down at his desk, signaling for me to do the same. I pull the chair out and sit crossing my legs before placing my intertwined hands on top of them.

"I've read your files and I can assure you, you are an excellent new addition to the team. As you may know an agent of ours left shortly." He spoke in a collective manor as he flips through my file.

"Yes I'm well aware and happy for the opportunity. Can't wait to get on the field as soon as possible." I say with a small smile. He nods and closes my file. As he looks up he nods at someone behind me and begins to stand.

"Great, you start effective immediately. We have a case." He says before leaving the office, leaving me still sitting in the chair.

Um...what.