Halloween

We slowly walk out of the plane and get into Morgan's car waiting at the parking lot.

"You sure you're okay?" Morgan asks as he starts the car.

"Yeah I'm fine." I reassure him as I fish for my phone. I dial the foster homes number and wait for the line to stop ringing. Finally on the third ring the foster mom picks up.

"Hello?" She asks in a tired voice.

"Hey, sorry I know it's late." I say in a sympathetic voice.

"It's quite alright dear."

"Is Tyler and Olivia still up by any chance?" I ask.

"Oh yes. They haven't gone to bed, waiting for your arrival." She tells me. I bite my lip in guilt and close my eyes.

"Can you put them on the phone for me?" I ask as I put the call on speaker.

A few moments later the sound of shuffling erupts through the quiet car.

"Hello?"Olives faint voice questions.

"Hey princess, We're really sorry we missed halloween." I tell them, knowing Tyler is right next to her.

"A case ran long, but be ready tomorrow because we're coming to pick you up." Morgan speaks loudly into the phone.

"We are?" I ask him confused.

"Yep, we have some news to tell you." Morgan says with a smirk.

"Okay! See you tomorrow." Olive says.

"Wear your costumes." Morgan tells them.

"Are you guys dressing up?" Tyler asks.

"Yeah we are kid." He says with a smile.

"Cool! See you tomorrow." Tyler says.

"Bye guys." I say before hanging up.

"What are you up to?" I ask  with a raised brow.

"You'll see." He says as he glances at me from the road. I shake my head with a smile on my face and lean my head on the window, looking out at the passing cars, streets, and lights.

Red flashes from passing streets, white blinding lights from ongoing traffic, and a dim yellowish white shine from above us from the lamp polls.

We arrive home in no time and we both get into bed, too tired to even shower.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

I wake up sore and exhausted. I yawn and tilt my head off the pillow to see the shades are open and the room is cold. I swat my arm besides me to feel a cool empty bed sheet.

"Morning." Morgan says as he comes out still in yesterday's clothes.

"Morning." I groan sitting up and holding my side.

"We gotta start getting ready to pick up the kids." He tells me as he walks to where I lay in bed, swatting my foot that's underneath the blanket. I nod slowly and get out of bed.

"Wanna shower together? Save time and money?" Morgan asks as he wiggles his eyebrows. I shove him playfully and laugh.

"You best believe if we shower together we won't get out until the water runs cold." I tell him. He shrugs and plants a kiss on my lips before tugging me into the shower with him.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

We exit an hour and a half later, only about 15 minutes of it being an actual shower. I shuffle over to my closet drawer and pull out a matching set of undergarments before patting down my body further from water droplets.