About Face

"So the unsub tells her she's going missing to what? Psychologically torture her? And then torture her physically." I say looking at the papers as we are almost at our destination.

"Textbook sadist." Emily murmurs.

"A sophisticated one. He's elaborate." Hotch announces. Morgan picks up a photograph and examines it. A single white mask with one word written onto it in blood.

"Number one." Morgan utters.

"That particular mask is known as a false face. Most commonly worn during halloween and Mardi Gras." Reid explains as he plays with my hair band.

"Creepy. I rest my case." Morgan says as he plays with the ends of my socks on his lap.

"Her face-he mocks it. Then destroys it?" I question aloud. Everyone stays quiet in thought until JJ speaks up.

"Oh and Hotch, local media has the story. It broke big." JJ says with a sigh.

"Tell Carrollton we'll be there in 15 minutes if we don't hit turbulence." Hotch tells her. She nods and stands up from her plane seat, tugging out her phone.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

When we arrive we have been told that not only did the public give the unsub a name, but also a woman received fliers and is missing.

"It's outside this time?" I ask the detective.

"That's different." Morgan adds.

"No one saw someone put them up for 2 whole blocks?" Prentiss asks.

"Dallas P.D is still canvassing. But nothing so far. They're waiting for you folk on the scene." He tells Hotch.

"Morgan, Prentiss, and Del la Cruz you three go to the crime scene. JJ and I will talk to the roommate. Rossi go to the disposal site with Reid. Regroup here in an hour." Hotch announces. We all nod and go our separate ways.

"These houses sure are close together." Morgan notifies.

"Yeah..." Prentiss says noticing it as well.

"If I were the unsub, how do I get a woman out of her house without anyone seeing me?" I ask.

"Might have been stalking her for a while." Morgan states.

"She had a routine." Prentiss sighs.

I look around the street and furrow my brows.

"I know that look, what are you thinking?" Morgan asks.

"There isn't a lot of cover on this street." I answer. Morgan and Prentiss nod before looking out across the street.

"So I have a vehicle. It's big enough so I can watch her without being seen, but not so big to draw attention to myself." Morgan says as he pretends to be the unsub himself.

"No, neighbors would have noticed a strange car. It's human nature." Prentiss counters.

"And you'd definitely notice if some guy is standing on your street all the time." I add.

"Just doesn't make any sense. He didn't watch from out here." Morgan says with furrowed brows. We enter the backyard and look around.

"This is where I'd wait!" Morgan yells from behind us. I look back and see that he is properly hidden behind some trees and bushes in her backyard.

"Yeah, I'd never be able to see you from the house." Prentiss says as we walk over to where Morgan's standing. I step behind the bush and look down at the dirt floor.