Run Boy Run

3rd Person:
(Play song)

The team rush to the scene, the building abandoned and run down. The sirens blare down the streets, cars veering out of the way as a reckless Morgan and Hotch drive. The night is cloudy and brisk, a small drizzle layering their windshields.

Morgan's heavy breaths are all that's heard in the car, not Reid's small praying in the backseat or Prentiss' fingers scratching nervously at her skin.

In Hotch's car all is silent. Hotch's breath is still, instead his eyes train straight ahead. But unknowingly he bites his lips in angst. Rossi sits besides him looking out the window, pondering the next events. JJ sits in the backseat, a hand resting on her stomach while her mind thinks about Isla.

They arrive at the building, tires screeching as they come to a halt. Morgan draws out his gun and exits the car. The moment his foot hits the ground, all reason pours out of him. He runs, scared out of his mind, looking for the tanned girl with long thick black hair.

He longs for the woman he calls the love of his life, and soon to be wife. He craves her touch and love, like one would crave cake.

Small moments such as letting her rest her feet on his lap while on the jet, even though it's not her turn, are giving him glimpses of hope.

He turns a corner and sees a metal door, soon followed by a gunshot and cries. His heart stops before he rests his gun in his holster and puts both his hands on the metal door, unlocking the rusted lock, and opening the creaking door. Whimpers and cries echo from the basement, making every fiber in his body activate into action.

"Isla?!" He shouts in hope of hearing her angelic voice. The dark stairs are lit up from the light behind him, giving him the sight to see the wooden steps before him.

"No! Morgan stop! Stay away!" Her voice strains in pain, but Morgan hears none of it, as his feet plummet down the stairs towards her. A gunshot rings out making Isla scream in pain and for Morgan to fall to the floor, holding his side.

"Stop it! Please!" Isla begs Joshua who appears from within the shadows. Morgan clutches his waist, grimacing.

"Now you are in true pain! Now you get to see the man you love die!" Joshua yells, pointing the gun at Isla, distracted from the movements behind him.

Morgan groans and pulls his gun up, firing a shot.

Joshua takes in a breath of air before dropping to his knees, holding his stomach. Blood drips out of his mouth, but that's not what Morgan notices.

All Morgan see's is a psychopath, kneeling before him. A smirk creeps onto Joshua's face, showing his bloody teeth and veiny neck from the strain.

"Too late. I won." He chuckles making Morgan lose every ounce of humanity he had left. In a moment of adrenaline, Derek stands up and aims his gun at Joshua. He fires his gun in anger, shooting an unknown amount of bullets into an already dead Joshua.

The sound of an empty gun clicks five times before Morgan realizes that Joshua is dead. His body sprayed onto the floor, with holes deeply edged into his corpse. The numbness leaving his body allowing him to hear and feel his surroundings.

The yells from upstairs, the cold air making his fingers numb, and the gurgling for air prominent before him.

He looks down before running to Isla, holding her to himself. Her eyes teary and red, body cold to the touch, and blood seeping furiously out of her.

Too much blood.

Morgan sobs as he holds her to his trembling body.

"Isla, stay with me. Please just hang on!" Morgan yells while Isla stays perched on his lap. A small ghost of a smile spreads onto Isla's face, her eyes crinkling, and hands leaving her open wound. Instead they slowly make their way to Morgan's wet face.

"No no. You put those hands right here, okay?" Morgan whimpers. Loud footsteps run down the stairs before halting. A quick intake of breath is heard before a sob, belonging to Emily Prentiss.

Isla's hands reach up to Morgan's face, ignoring his previous statement.

"Always so stubborn." Morgan sobs. Isla smiles up at him before a tear escapes her eye. She brings down Morgan's face towards her own before whispering "to the very end...I love you." She she's in a low breath that it was almost impossible to hear by the human ear.

But Morgan heard it loud and clear.

"I love you." He whispers before feeling her hands slowly start to loosen around his face. He takes in a labored breath as he grabs her frozen hands, and rests them in his own. He brings them to his trembling parted lips, kissing them for the last time.

And in the end Isla realized no matter how much history Morgan and her shared, there was never going to be a future, not in this lifetime at least.

Her eyes grew dark, the life seeping away from her body.

Morgan sobbed and looked at her. He stared into her lifeless eyes, with nothing but her red blood on his own hands. He realized that their love wasn't mean't for movie screens, it was deeper and meaningful. Nothing he could ever recreate again.

His hands shake while holding hers. Small steps are heard before Hotch leans down to Isla's body and puts her eyes to rest.

A heavy tear rolls off his heartbroken face, while his hand lingers on Isla's cheek. His upper lip trembles slightly before he sniffles and stands up, leaving the basement completely, unable to bare the guilt around the others.

JJ holds a wailing Reid, who thrashes in pain of the loss of one he held dearest, a true sister in his eyes.

Rossi stands rigid and in denial at the sight before him, his hand resting on his dry lips in disbelief.

Emily sits in the corner of the dirty room, tears ruining her mascara, but it's the last of her worries. Her hands tremble as she rubs her burning eyes from the tears. She gasps for breaths unable to breath properly.

All for the loss of one and only Isla Del la Cruz.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

IM SORRY! Her death was going to happen from the beginning of the book. This chapter actually had me tearing up while I was writing it.

There's about 12 more chapters left and most of them will be short, but I think you should stick around for the end.

I would love to know if you guys thought her death was coming and which of you were genuinely surprised.

As always vote and comment in memory of Isla.

Word count: 1143