Desk

Another month has past and now the hotter weather has risen. The sun sets later, the air is more humid (which has not done wonders for my hair), and more cases have been piling in by the day. It's as if the hot weather brings out the serial killers.

"Good night my queen." Garcia sings as she taps my desk. I stop writing on a piece of white printer paper and look up at her, trying to keep a straight face. I slowly hide the paper with my hand, hoping she didn't catch on to my weird behavior.

"Good night Penelope." I say with a small smile. She frowns slightly and lowers her voice.

"Don't worry, I'm going home and tracking Joshua. We're gonna get him." She says noticing my off mood. I smile gladly and rub her shoulder.

"Thank you Garcia." I say before waving at her.

"Good luck with those case papers." She says pointing to my desk. I fake a laugh before she turns around, causing her full dress to sway at her ends. I sigh and crumple the paper, throwing it away. I grab another and slap it in front of me.

"You staying tonight?" Reid asks as he walks up from behind me. My shoulders twitch and I let out a small breath.

"God Reid. Didn't we talk about not sneaking up on people." I say as I put my hand on my chest. He looks down and apologizes as he plays with the hairtie on his wrist while sitting on my desk.

"Wow you still use that?" I ask with a small smile.

"Yeah, my anxiety never really leaves. I wear it everyday...but if you want it back-" he starts taking off the hairtie but I shake my head and place a hand over his own.

"No I don't want it back. You keep it." I speak aloud. He nods before thanking me and rubbing his eyes.

"You should go home Spency. You look like shit." I say with a smirk. He rolls his eyes and gets off the corner of my desk.

"Geez, thanks Isla." He says sarcastically. I raise my brows at him surprised.

"Was that sarcasm spoken by the Doctor Spencer Reid. I've officially seen it all." I tease.

"Hey I can be sarcastic." He defends.

"Spency, pop culture and modern vocabulary goes right over your head." I point out. He grumbles and shoved my hand playfully.

"Night." I mumble through a laugh.

"Good night." He whispers before leaving through the double glass doors.

The only people left on the floor is Hotch in his office, me at my desk, and only God knows where Morgan is. I sigh and look back at my wooden desk. Case files, papers, pictures, and pens line my desk messily. But one lonely piece of white printer paper is all that's on my mind. In my eyes it stands out from the rest of the papers on my desk.

Just thinking and looking at it makes my hands sweat. I shakily grab my pen and place my head in my hand, while my right hand places itself on the desk in a writing position.

Only I don't know how to start.

I sit there for I don't even know how long, staring at the thin sheet. My hand never even makes a twitch in movement. Not a mark of ink scratches the paper. I'm so engulfed in thought that I don't even notice someone stand behind me. So engulfed that I don't even feel arms wrap around my shoulders, pulling me into a hug.

My eyes bulge slightly and I slowly place the paper under the case files.

"Whatcha doing?" Morgan's curious voice sings through my ears. I clear my voice and hum.