Mystery

Isla's POV:

In the past weeks we dealt with a few cases, minor ones if you tell me. Garcia found a big leave with Jason. He was spotted in Virginia just a few days ago buying supplies in a Home Depot. He looked straight into the security and smiled almost as if he knew we were watching.

In his defense we were.

Morgan urged me to start getting into contact with Leo, which I did do. Now, I wasn't angry at him for this whole problem, I really wasn't. I was mad at him for accusing me of not caring over this whole mess.

I contacted him with one single word, "hey".

And just moments later we were back to our old ways. Texting at any moment we had a break from work. And just like that our argument disappeared from our minds. But once he found out about his brother I could sense the tension in his texts but he never let it get in the way of our friendship for a second time.

But after last night I haven't been able to contact him as often because of a case me and the team can't get around. I currently stand outside of an interrogation room with my arms crossed and head tilting slightly as I stare at the blonde man sitting in the room. Hotch stands next to me staring intently as well, a word not spoken between us.

Thunder rumbles outside the building adding the suspense to the situation.

If we were in a television show this would be quite suspenseful.

The blonde man sits up and walks towards the barred up window.

"Look, there's got to be some kind of misunderstanding, all right?" He says before leaning against the window.

"I'm innocent!" He yells. "I-I couldn't do this!" He yells once again. I look up at Hotch but he makes no attempt to looking back at me.

"Will someone please listen to me?!" He yells. At this I unfold my arms and I start to make my way into the room.

The sound of the door opening grabs the attention of the man, making him swirl to look at me.

"Who are you?" He asks me.

"Hello to you too. I'm agent Del la Cruz, Mr. Merrin." I tell him as I glance at the case file to see him name. "Have you been told your rights?" I ask. Merrin nods and I give a tight lipped smile.

"Do you know where you are?" I ask. He looks around the room before looking back at me with desperation in his eyes.

"Some FBI place, right?" He asks.

"Right. We're at the the Behavioral Analysis Unit in Quantico, Virginia. Do you know why you're here?" I ask.

"Cause you think I'm a killer" He says.

"Are you a killer?" I ask.

"No. Why won't anyone believe me!" Merrin says straight away.

"Merrin there might be a chance you are not lying straight to my face right now. And maybe you are. So how bout you sit down and I figure out if my gut about you is right." I say. Merrin licks his lips and slides into the chair.

"And what's your gut telling you?" He asks me.

"That you are innocent." I tell him, looking straight into his blue eyes.

"But to prove that Ima need you to take a deep breath." I say opening the case file. He does as I say causing me to give him an encouraging smile.

"Good. Now tell me exactly what happened two nights ago." I say. He nods and tears glisten in his eyes as he plays with his hands.

"So uh me and...me and my wife Tabitha were getting ready for bed." He starts saying while his hand starts to scratch his chest.