20. Tears and Stains

Start bij het begin

   Ruth watched in agitation as Isolda pranced around wearing the blue sweater. She stood in the line and got her food. The girl was so busy talking to Amelia that she didn't notice someone behind her. So when she turned, her tray titled over and all the gravy fell on her sweater.

   Ruth saw a big ketchup stain on Isolda's stomach. The same place the ice cream had fallen. "That's it," Ruth muttered and stood up.

   "Ruth, please don't. It isn't worth it." Ila grabbed her hand.

   The boy who bumped into Isolda apologized, and she shook her head. Isolda removed the sweater, telling the boy it was okay. She walked up to the bin and opened it. Seeing this made Ruth fumed. She snatched her hand from Ila and stormed towards Isolda. Just as she was about to throw the sweater away, Ruth grabbed the sweater. Isolda looked at her. "What do you want?" she asked in her high-pitched voice.

   "Don't throw that," Ruth said calmly and tried pulling the sweater, but Isolda wouldn't let go.

   "Why not? There is a big stain on it, can't you see." She pointed at the red stain

   "Take it home and wash it." Ruth tried to be as calm as possible while she clenched her fist.

   "Ew no way."

   "Fine. Give it to me," Ruth said and pulled it. Isolda held onto it as her grip it tightened.

   "Oh, I forgot you collect junk and make your clothes," she said, and let go of it. Ruth lost her balance and fell back. She landed on her bum and the sweater ended up staining the dress she was wearing. Amelia and her girl gang walked up to Isolda. "Issi, what happened?" Ruth rolled her eyes at the nickname. Typical Amelia giving nicknames to everybody.

   "Fröken duktig blev kränkt att jag gick och slängde hennes patetiska flickväns tröja," Isolda replied. (Miss good girl got offended that I went to throw away her pathetic girlfriend's sweater)

   Ruth knew very well what she said and hearing her speak about Rosie made her want to punch Isolda. She looked around and saw people watching. She met with Ila's eyes that pleaded her not to. Ruth stood up, holding the sweater tight in her head. She smirked as she looked back and forth at Isolda and Amelia. "Jag knullade åtminstone inte min bästa väns pojkvän," hatred dripped from her voice as she spoke. (Well, at least I did not fuck my best friend's boyfriend)

   Isolda and Amelia looked like they were seeing a ghost. Probably shocked that Ruth knew Swedish or because of the new piece of information she shared. Isolda pounced on Ruth as she screamed, "How dare you!" Ruth was a bit taken back as she hit the ground again. "Din patetiska flickvän var en hora (Your pathetic girlfriend was a slut)," Isolda yelled and swung a punch at her face.

   That was the trigger Ruth needed. She grabbed Isolda's shoulders and flipped them around. Ruth didn't care about the throwing pain in his left cheek. She was too angry to feel pain. Her pupils diluted. Ruth wrapped her hands around Isolda's throat and started choking her. All the things that she put Rosie through ran through her mind, making her tighten her grip. Isolda started gasping for her. "Ruth, stop!" someone yelled as they tried pulling her. Ruth flinched and leaned close to Isolda. She enjoyed the fear she saw in her eyes. "You don't know any fucking thing about her," Ruth growled.

   Isolda gripped her hand and tried pulling it as she gasped, "P-please. P-please l-leave me." Ruth felt someone pull her hand, and she pushed their hand away. "You are the pathetic one. You! You are the one that went and fucked the boy with a broken leg in the name of making him feel better." as the words left her mouth, whoever was pulling her hand stopped trying.

   Isolda started shaking her hands and legs. This time, a stronger pair of arms wrapped themselves around Ruth and carried her. "Leave me!" Ruth yelled. He pulled her off Isolda, and she gasped for air. Ruth turned and looked at Ryan. His leg was no longer bandaged. He had returned to school last week fit as a fiddle. Ruth giggled and pointed, "Oh here's the fuck boy." She looked at Amelia and her two girls, Sarah and Lia, who stood a few steps behind. They didn't rush to Isolda's aid. They just watched. Sarah huffed and walked away with tears in her eyes. Her boyfriend Ryan ran behind her and her two friends followed.

   Ruth looked at Isolda, who was picking herself up all alone. No one tried to help. "Try to grow up and be a better person. You might actually have some real friends then," Ruth advised. Isolda huffed and walked away. All the students got back to what they were doing as Ila took Ruth to their table.

   "Ruth, I told you that and you promised not to tell anyone," Ila asked, referring to news she leaked about Ryan.

   Ruth scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Serves her right for putting out those posters of us kissing."