🕊 F O R T Y - T H R E E 🕊

🕊Chapter Forty-Three: I'm awake!🕊

🕊🕊🕊

"Alaina! Alaina, sweetheart, come here!"

"Don't be shy. Come on!"

"Don't you want to see your mother and father?"

"Come see us!"

I stirred in my sleep, eventually letting out a groan as I sat up from my bed, looking around. "Hello?..." I called out into the quiet room tiredly, rubbing my eyes. Who were those voices? I didn't recognize them.

I yawned and looked around, my eyes slowly adjusting to the dark room. I was hooked up to a machine that had a heartbeat monitor and another that had an IV drip into my arm. "A hospital...? What happened...?"

I shifted in bed, my legs falling over the side of the bed. My bare feet chilled on the hospital floor, sending a shiver down my spine. The air was cold. Which was odd, seeing as it was in the middle of summer. "Rin?" I called out quietly as I got out of bed. I let out a gasp, feeling my legs give out from underneath me as I nearly crashed to the ground, unconsciously saving myself as I grabbed hold of the IV drip stand next to me.

I looked around again with a frown on my face. I limped slightly to the window, peering outside in the darkness. "What time is it...?" I muttered to myself. The last thing I expected was to get an answer;

"It's around three in the morning."

Startled, I spun around and took a step back with a gasp, my grip tightening around the IV stand.

The voice chuckled lowly, "It's alright. I'm glad to see you up now. It's been a few days now." 

My brows furrowed in confusion at what I heard. What was he talking about? A few days? What's that supposed to mean? "A few days?... A few days from what? What happened?"

"It's okay. No need to panic. Memory loss is common with this sort of procedure.- But, then again, this is the first time in history a demon has ever had to separate their powers from a sharing vessel."

The voice stepped out of the shadows, revealing a black and white head of hair and a face that adorned a burn scar. He had a kind smile on his face that made me feel calmer. His name... His name was... Akuma.

"Where am I?"

"Well, I'm sure you can take an educated guess." He said, looking around the room and everything it contained. "You've been in a coma for a little more than two days now. We had to take extra precautions because due to Rin Okumura's disruption of the procedure, the transportation wasn't fully finished." He explained.

"It... wasn't?"

"I'm afraid not," he said, looking at his bare feet- which was odd, but I didn't want to question it right now. "But not to worry. This is only a minor problem. Your powers are in fact separated. Rin can draw his sword freely without your powers being mixed along as well," he added.

I felt a relieved breath escape my lips as a weight was lifted from my shoulders. "Oh, good."

"However, your swords are still connected. They share the same type of relationship as you do with Rin Okumura; Their powers are connected, but not conjoined. Meaning your powers and Rin's powers have been weakened ever so slightly, but when you use them together: For example, a 'combo' attack, or using your powers into one attack, then both parties become stronger. Not by much, but they are in fact stronger."