🕊 T W E N T Y - S I X 🕊

🕊Chapter Twenty-Six: Realization 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

I yawned, sitting up in my bed. I looked to the side, seeing the bed empty other than for myself. 

'Rin must already be up...' I thought, my eyes still heavy from exhaustion. I somehow felt even more tired than yesterday.

I swung my legs over the bed, standing up to stretch. My tail seemingly stretching with me. It was odd having a tail. I oftentimes forgot it was there.

I let out another exhausted yawn, walking out of the room to the sink in the hall, beginning to wash my face and brush my teeth. Once I was done, I walked to my own dorm room to change into my uniform. I buttoned my white button-up, slipped on my skirt after I made sure my tail was wrapped around my torso ( Something that Rin taught me after the tail incidents yesterday ), and knotted the bow before I slipped my beige sweater over my head. I pulled on my socks and slipped on my shoes before I made my way downstairs.

I looked around curiously, eyes still heavy as I walked into the dining hall. I didn't see anyone. 'What time is it?' I thought, glancing up at the clock on the wall. "Ten a.m!? You mean I slept for three periods?! Damnit!"

I cursed to myself, quickly running out of the dorm building in a hurry. I was so going to get in trouble for this...

I ran all the way to school, my mind assuming that if I were to run, it would wake me up a bit. But it just made me even more exhausted. 

I eventually made it to school just as the bell rang. "Four periods?! It's lunchtime now!" I exclaimed, aiming to find where Rin and presumably Yukio were.

"Rin!" I shouted, making my way over to my friend after I spotted him in the courtyard, "What the hell?! Why didn't you or Yukio wake me up?!"

He looked over from his spot on the fountain, seeing me stomp over shouting. "Oh, hey, Alaina. I told Yukio not to wake you up. You had a rough day yesterday, so you needed as much sleep as possible. Do you feel any better?"

I let out a sigh, frustration subsiding as I took a seat next to him, burying my face in my hands, "Hardly. I somehow feel more exhausted than yesterday."

"Jeez. Do you know why you haven't been getting much sleep?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I guess I've just been thinking, and it's stressing me out."

"Thinking of what?"

I sighed, sitting up as I looked forward, staring at the green grass of the courtyard. "Everything. I've been thinking of dad... not Shiro... my real dad. I just... I don't know. And what Mephisto said the other day... how I might die..."

"Ignore what that old clown says. Don't worry, Alaina."

I took a deep breath, looking over at him with a smile. I let out a small chuckle, leaning my head on his shoulder, "Thanks, Rin. I'll try not to." I yawned, my previous exhaustion catching up with me, hitting me with a truck.

Before long, my eyes inevitably fell heavy, and I eventually fell asleep.

🕊🕊🕊

The bell rang, signaling that lunch was over. I looked over, seeing Alaina still asleep on my shoulder. I gently shook her awake, which took a bit longer than usual. But eventually, I did manage to wake her.