🕊 F I V E 🕊

🕊 Chapter Five: Tiebreaker 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

Ten minutes passed, and it was getting close once again. It was Alaina, Yukio, and two other girls on their side, and Rin and two other boys on theirs.

"Careful out there, Alaina! Wouldn't want that pretty face of yours to get bruised!" He called and threw the large red rubber ball in her direction.

"What are you talking about, Okumura-? Wait, did you just call me pretty?"

She was moved to the side, the speeding ball hitting the back wall. 

"Damnit!" He cursed at his failed attempt.

"WATCH YOUR MOUTH, OKUMURA!"

"Sorry, Sir!" Rin looked back towards Alaina, who spoke briefly with another girl. He recognized her. She was a snobby stuck-up brat from one of their old Seventh-grade classes.

"Oh, hey~... Miga..." Alaina trailed, greeting the snobby girl. "I didn't know you were on our side."

She nodded with a smile. "Yeah. You're welcome by the way. You would've gotten out if it weren't for me."

Alaina looked away and rolled her eyes. All hell would break loose if she caught you rolling your eyes at her. "

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?!" She exclaimed, her loud voice piercing Alaina's ears. "I'll have you know that my dad is the guidance counselor of this school!"

Alaina sighed and turned to her with a forced smile. "Yes, Miga. I know. You've told everyone that every time someone got on your nerves. Which was every day." She looked over her shoulder before turning back with a smirk. "Maybe you should take a trip to see him. This might hurt..."

"Huh? Are you threatening me?!"

Alaina smiled at her, pushing her to the side onto an oncoming speeding red ball. 

She screamed, her head throwing back as she fell dramatically to the ground. She clutched her nose with tears pricking in her eyes. "Rin, you jerk, that hurt!"

Alaina ran up to the line with her hand held up above her head, laughing. Rin ran forward, high-fiving her with a laugh. "Nice one, Rin!"

"UGH! You both are insufferable!" She stormed out of the gym, her few friends hopping down from the bleachers to join her. 

They shared a look with each other, quirking their brows. "She's one to talk."

Alaina nodded in agreement.

Rin smiled slyly and punched her shoulder. "One v. One me."

Alaina smiled and pat his cheek a few times. "You couldn't hit me even if you wanted to."

He smirked. "We'll see about that."

The both of them turned around and sprinted to grab a ball. They synchronized both of their throws, the balls crossing over one another as they flew through the air. Rin's ball was thrown across the gym towards Yukio, who stood in the back corner who was speaking to a teacher who stopped by. 

"Rin!" Yukio whined, annoyed at his cheap shot.

"You're out, Four-eyes!" Rin laughed at him, pointing as Yukio said goodbye to the teacher and walked towards the bleachers. 

Alaina's ball had been thrown towards two girls who were huddled together, remarkably making it all the way through the end of the game. The ball hit the center of their chest at the same time, bouncing off.