🕊 E I G H T E E N 🕊

🕊Chapter Eighteen: Garden of Amahara🕊

🕊🕊🕊

"Woah..." I mumbled, looking around at the tall bridge we walked over, "So, what's the point of having keys that act as warp zones?" I asked curiously.

Alaina smiled, holding up one of her fingers in a matter-of-fact kind of way. "The academy actually happens to be an important base of operations for The Knights of the True Cross."

I grumbled, staring at her from the corner of my eye, "Know-it-all." I mumbled.

"Correct. And the director's power protects it from pretty much any attack by mid-level demons. He does it using a series of talisman, barriers, and even labyrinths." Yukio added.

"Ohh, I didn't know that," Alaina admitted, placing the finger on her chin as she looked up in thought.

"Really? I guess he's not your average wacked-out clown after all." I said, making Alaina chuckle a bit.

"As long as you have the right key, you can go anywhere in the school without getting caught in one of his traps."

I pulled out the key Miphesto gave me for the cram school, staring at it, "That sounds convenient."

"Key's are very important here. If you get one, make sure you don't lose it."

I nodded and we continued walking, stopping in front of a long path of stone steps. Yukio turned around and stared at both of us, "Okay, you two have to wait here while I go get the supplies."

"I wanna go too."

"No, Rin. The store's for exorcist and higher-ups only. I won't be long." 

I scowled at him, grumbling to myself. He stopped halfway up the stairs, abruptly turning around as he pointed a finger at us, "Don't go anywhere, and don't touch anything!"

I scowled at him, "Yeah, I got it!" 

He stared sternly at me before continuing his way up the stairs.

"Jeez! Now that he's Mr. Big Man on campus, he's treating me like a little kid! Can you believe that, Alaina?" I said, causing her to laugh nervously, "'Don't go anywhere!' 'Don't touch anything!' Who does he think he is? My mom?"

Alaina laughed nervously again, holding up her hands, "He just doesn't want us to do anything that will get us in trouble." She said, a smile on her face as she replaced and held her hands behind her back.

I grumbled, glaring at him as he entered the store, "Jerk. One of these days, he's gonna be the one counting on me." I pouted and began walking away, Alaina following behind me, laughing nervously again. I suddenly stopped, looking up at a different stone pathway that leads up to a black metal gate.

Alaina ran into my back, causing me to turn around and see her stumble back gripping her nose, "Rin? What the heck? Why'd you stop all of a sudden?"

I glanced back to the gate, pointing up to it, "There's a gate."

"And?"

"I wanna see what's behind it," I said and began walking up the stairs.

"Rin, didn't you hear what Yukio said?"

"Who cares. He's not my mom."

She sighed and followed me up the steps as I stared into the garden through the black gate. "No way! It's awesome in there."

She stopped next to me, peeking into the garden, "Oh, wow. It's so pretty." 

I looked around, soon spotting a girl in the garden, holding a flower as she smiled blissfully at it.