🕊 E L E V E N 🕊

🕊 Chapter Eleven: Weird Monkey 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

Alaina laughed, skipping out of the phone booth. "Can you believe it, Rin? We're finally hired!"

I grinned, "I know! I can finally do something with my life- OW!"

I rubbed my head and glared at Alaina who stood with her hands on her hips, staring sternly at me. "Rin Okumura! Don't say that like you don't already have a life!"

I frowned, clutching the top of my head. "You didn't have to hit me..."

"You wouldn't have listened if I didn't."

"Stop!"

We both looked over, surprised by the sudden voice shouting, and saw a little girl running after her scarf, tripping over her own feet.

Alaina gasped, a look of fear on her face.

"Please! Give it back!" The little girl cried, continuing to chase after her scarf.

I quickly ran forward, snatching the scarf before it could get away any further. I smiled down at the girl and held out her scarf. "Here, I guess this is yours."

I looked down at her, recognizing her from earlier today. 'Huh? She was just at the monetary...'

The wind picked up, the ends of the scarf blowing.

At the end of the scarf, a small creature appeared. My face contorted in surprise and fear, disturbed by the sudden appearance of this weird creature. 

It jumped down and began running away, scarf in its hand. 

"Wha-?! Hey! Get back here!" I called and began running after it, knocking into a food stand at the front of the store. 

I heard Alaina call after me, "Rin! Rin wait!" 

It went inside, so I followed it. I rounded a corner, almost running into a woman shopping. "S-Sorry, ma'am!" I bowed quickly before continuing to chase after the little creature. 

'What the hell is he? A monkey?' I thought, staring down at the little critter as I ran after it.

It turned down another aisle, knocking into another food display. The little girl stood in front of a tower of boxes at the other end of the aisle, attempting to cut it off. The creature instead jumped over her, landing on the top of the stack of boxes.

It began jumping up and down, making the tower wobble. The boxes burst open, spilling out cans and cans of drinks, falling directly over the girl. "Watch out!" I shouted, diving forward to use my body to cover the little girl, protecting her from the wave of cans that fell over us.

Alaina ran over with a broom in her hand. She held it near the bristles, swinging the make-shift bat, yelling out as she hit the monkey which caused it to fly into the sidewall freezers, the glass shattering.

I stared at her, eyes open in surprise, 'What? She can see them too?'

"Yui!" A woman from the crowd rushed forward. She was from the monastery too. "Oh my god! Yui! Yui! 

"We need to call an ambulance!"

I looked up at Alaina, hearing her call out. The expression on her face was serious, much more serious than I had ever seen her.

"Ma'am, you need to put pressure on her wound, keep it from bleeding. Does anyone have a handkerchief we could use?" She asked, looking around at the crowd that formed around us.