🕊 T W E N T Y - F I V E 🕊

🕊Chapter Twenty-Five: Nap 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

"Rin, wake up!"

I groaned, swatting my hand towards the source that tried to wake me.

"Rin!"

"Go away!"

"Rin, we're going to be late!"

I sat up abruptly when I felt the covers being ripped from my body. I looked over at my assailant, seeing my brother standing there, already dressed. "What the hell, Yukio?!"

He stood up, glaring down at me as he put his hands on his hips, "Get dressed. We have to leave soon."

I grumbled groggily, scratching my stomach from underneath my shirt. I swung my feet over the edge of the bed and stood up, stretching my arms above my head. I let out a yawn, a tear prickling the corner of my eye, and walked over to the door, stepping outside as I made my way to the center staircase sink. I grumbled tiredly and rubbed my eye, my feet carrying me to the sink.

I stopped at a random spot in front of the sink, beginning to brush my teeth. I opened my eyes, vision slightly blurry from the fatigue still laced in them. I glanced over, noticing another person standing next to me.

It was Alaina. She had her eyes closed as she brushed her teeth, holding a cup filled with water in her opposite hand. She swayed back and forth slightly, almost like she was stopping herself from falling backwards.

She spit out the toothpaste, taking a swig of the water from her cup and swished it around before spitting it out. I took my toothbrush out of my mouth, staring down at her from the corner of my eye, "Goodmorning?" I greeted through the unnecessary amount of toothpaste froth in my mouth.

She grumbled in response, nodding her head ever-so-slightly. I stared after her as she walked away towards her room, her steps short and obviously made by an exhausted person. Her tail hanging limp as it dragged slightly on the ground.

"What's up with her?" I asked myself before resuming brushing my teeth, wondering about that uncharacteristic response.

I finished up and washed my face, walking back to Yukio and I's dorm to get dressed. I walked down into the dining area with my hands in my pocket, now dressed as I saw Alaina sitting there with her hands cupping the sides of her face, eyes closed groggily.

I quirked a brow at her odd behavior. This wasn't like her at all. She was a morning person, so this was an odd sight to see.

"You feeling okay?" I asked, walking over as I took a seat next to her, a plate of hot food sitting in front of me.

She lifted her head, seemingly startled by my appearance. She stared over at me before letting out a small exhausted sigh, resting her head in her left hand as she turned to face me, "I'm fine. Just tired."

"How much sleep did you get?"

"Not much. Probably only two hours."

My brows rose in surprise at the low number. "Only two hours?"

She nodded, eyes still closed.

I frowned and glanced at her uniform. "Shouldn't you stay here at the dorm?"

She shook her head, drowsily saying, "No... I have classes to do, Rin."

"I know that. But you shouldn't go to school if you're this exhausted."

She didn't respond, simply shrugging her shoulders.

A few minutes passed, and I was finished with my breakfast. Alaina made a cup of coffee and put it in a thermos to take with her to school. "Hey... Are you sure you're okay?" I asked as I looked down at her while we walked to school.