🕊 N I N E T E E N 🕊

🕊Chapter Nineteen: Dried Flowers🕊

🕊🕊🕊

Half an hour passed, and the three of us were all staying a bit late at the supply shop to make sure things were all right with Shiemi. Alaina and I sat next to each other on a garden bench a while ago and kinda messed around for a bit. That was a while ago, and it's been mostly quiet since a few minutes ago. 

I eventually heard a soft yawn beside me making me look over. Alaina wiped tired tears from the corners of her eyes; something she always did when she yawned. "Tired?" I asked.

She shook her head, continuing to rub her eyes, "No, I'm fine. We have to make sure Shiemi's all right, remember? Why would I fall asleep during something like this?..." She trailed, her eyes slowly closing as her head fell on my shoulder, "I'm awake... I... swear..." 

I smiled, shaking my head as a soft sight left my lips. I carefully picked her up and maneuvered her onto my back like I always did when she fell asleep somewhere that wasn't her bed. I made sure her arms were draped over my shoulders to keep her from falling back.

I walked into the shop where I knew Yukio was. He was inside with Shiemi's mother discussing some things. The two looked over, noticing Alaina sleeping on my back. "Yo, Yukio. I'm gonna take Alaina back to the dorm. She fell asleep outside."

"All right," He sighed, turning his head towards the woman, "Nine grams of dried chamomile flowers, please."

The woman took a small puff out of her cigarette holder, blowing out a puff of smoke to the side, "Anything else?" She asked, setting down her tobacco 'treat' to gather everything. 

"No, ma'am."

She turned back around after a few moments and set down a small container filled with dried chamomile flowers. I stepped forward and grabbed the small pouch off the counter while Yukio pulled out money to pay for it.

"I'll see you in a few, Yukio," I said, taking my leave as I waved behind me while I walked out of the front shop doors. I walked down the supply shop steps with my hands under Alaina's thighs to keep her upright. It was dark out, definitely past Alaina's regular 'bedtime.' 

I looked to the side, staring at her sleeping expression. I never understood our relationship sometimes. I mean, she goes to bed at a reasonable time, I go to bed when I'm tired. She's the one who always dragged me to social events during school even when I kept saying I didn't want to go (They were actually kind of fun). She's the one who always wants to take pictures when we go out because of 'memories.' 

I smiled, hearing her soft breath exhale from her mouth. I turned my head, walking back to where we came from, and pulled out the key from my pocket, sticking it in the lock as I unlocked the door and opened it, revealing the dorm room. It would probably take me a while to get used to these gateway keys.

I walk over to my lower bunk and tossed the covers down to the end before I took Alaina off my back and placed her in my bed. I covered her with the previously discarded blankets and walked over to set the bag of dried flowers on my desk. Using a scrap piece of paper, I wrote a note for her before I left again.

I left the note on the desk and set the pouch of dried flowers on the paper. I turned around and walked back towards the door, using the same key to unlock the door, the same tall concrete bridge appearing in the doorway. I looked back over to Alaina, seeing her resuming her slumber. I walked through the door, closing it behind me.

I whistled to myself with my hands being stuffed in my pockets as I walked back to the supply shop. I looked up at the night sky, seeing the stars and moon shining down. Another thing that I found weird about our relationship. Alaina made even the most boring things seem fun. Stargazing and cloud watching wasn't something I'd usually enjoy doing, but with Alaina, it wasn't that bad.