🕊 E I G H T 🕊

🕊 Chapter Eight: Bad Errands 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

The summer went along. We stayed inside most of the time eating popsicles and ice cream because it was so damn hot out most of the time. Reiji bothered us anytime he saw me or Alaina or even saw us together. We swam, we had a cookout, we argued, we annoyed Yukio and everyone else at the Monastery. But it was yet another great summer with her by my side. 

But alas, all good things must come to an end.

Alaina and I got a job at some restaurant. She worked as a waitress while I handled the delivery. I hated it. People telling me what to do, cranky old people getting angry with you over nothing and the tips. Oh god, the tips. They were horrid.

"Alaina, could you help me really quick?" Yukio asked, walking into the room we sat in.

She smiled and stood up, walking over, "Sure."

Yukio nodded in thanks and walked back to our shared room, most likely to ask for help finishing his packing.

Yukio was going to True Cross. That super prestigious school where super-smart kids get to go to after Junior High.

I groaned and stood up, bored. I decided to go bug Alaina and Yukio, going upstairs to our room.

"Alaina, could you do me a favor and get me a few things? I realize it's really early but you know how bad Rin is about following lists."

I heard Alaina laugh, "Yeah. Definitely forgetful. But yeah, I got it!"

Yukio smiled. "Thanks. The list is on the desk. I was going to get them, but I fell behind on my packing a little and wanna get it done today."

"Yep! Gotchya, Yukio!" She exclaimed, the sound of paper rustling before she suddenly appeared in the doorway, skipping to a halt as she put her hands on my chest to stop herself. 

"Oh, hey, Rin! Yukio asked me to go get some things for him. Wanna come?"

I stared down at her, "Yeah, I'll go."

She grinned. "Great! Get dressed. It's supposed to be chilly this morning so wear something warmer." She said before retreating to her own room to get dressed. I walked into the room and stared at all of the boxes. I let Yukio pack in peace and got dressed in my black jeans, pulling over a random salmon-colored shirt from the floor, pulling my dusty blue hoodie over my head. I pulled on my black fingerless gloves and pulled on my white jacket, slipping on my plain old white sneakers.

I walked out of the room and over to Alaina's. Her door was open. "Are you almost done?" I called, standing next to the door.

"Yeah, just a second!"

And with that, the sound of tumbling was heard before Alaina appeared in the hallway where I was standing, her hair a mess.

I stared down at her, "Uh... You alright?"

She nodded, straightening her fur-lined coat and smoothing down her now fading pink hair. The coat was a few years old yet it still fit her like a glove. She wore a dark gray shirt under a black sweatshirt and black skinny jeans with her own pair of old white sneakers. 

"Yeah, I'm good. Just had a fall trying to get my pants on." She laughed at herself before beginning to walk down the stairs, list in hand as she looked it over.

We left, beginning to search for Yukio's needed items.

🕊🕊🕊