🕊 T H I R T Y - S I X 🕊

🕊Chapter Thirty-Six: Separation 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

I grunted, feeling the painfully heavy weight sitting on my legs as I sat on my knees. 

"What the hell's up with this damn pickling rock? It's getting heavier by the second." Rin questioned through strained breathes, the weight getting to him as well.

"It's a low-level demon. The longer a Bariyon sit on you-" I let out a grunt of pain, wincing at the weight on my knees. "The heavier it gets."

"You don't know what a Bariyon is? You really are pathetic." Suguro insulted between his teeth, the weight of his Bariyon also bothering him. 

"Oh yeah? Well, it's your fault we're here, so why don't you-"

"It's everyone's fault!"

We all looked over, seeing Yukio standing there. 

I whined, "What did I do to deserve this?"

"One of the objectives of this Bootcamp is to strengthen your academic skills. The other is to get you to start becoming closer as a team."

"I'd rather die than be friends with these losers." Kamiki spat stubbornly. 

"You need to learn to get along!" Yukio shouted, causing all of us to look up at him in surprise. "Exorcists do not go into battle alone!"

We all remained silent, knowing he was right.

"We fight in groups of two or more. That's basic procedure. It covers your weak spots and enhances your strengths. In a real combat situation, this ridiculous in-fighting could get you or someone else killed. You keep that in mind."

Yukio sighed and looked down at his watch, rolling up his sleeve a bit. "Okay. I have to leave on a mission, and I won't be back for about three hours. Now, then, because of that attack yesterday, I have to take extra measures. I'll be locking all the entrances and placing a powerful demon warding charm on the building."

"You're locking us in? Then how're we supposed to get out of here if we need to?"

"You're not going anywhere."

We were all a bit surprised at how quickly Yukio responded to Suguro, a small smile on his face as we sat with these Bariyons on our knees.

"I'll only be gone three hours. So cool off and get along until I get back." He waved to us with a smile and left the room, closing the door behind him.

"Three hours? He is evil."

I whined, putting my hands under my knees to form at least some sort of cushion. 

"Someone kill me..." Suguro's head looked up, and he scowled at Rin as he said, "You know, I find it really hard to believe you and that teacher are related."

Rin grunted, his head lowering, "But he's a good guy. I know he is... Really."

Suguro scowled, turning his head away as he gritted his teeth. "Anyway, we're stuck here because of a certain someone."

Kamiki scoffed, turning her head over. "Huh?! I didn't go over and grab you by the collar, did I?!"

"You're the one who picked a fight with me in the first place!"

"Would you guys stop fighting with me in the middle again?!" Rin exclaimed, already suffering from the rock on his knees.

"You're really one twisted witch, you know that?"