🕊 T H I R T Y - S E V E N 🕊

🕊 Chapter Thirty-Seven: T-Throughout the building?! 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

Bon and Konekomaru have been reciting for a while now, and Konekomaru had already finished the Ten Chapters he memorized.

Shima has been trying to hold off the demon, using his staff to poke it back, and I searched around for anything that might come in handy. But nothing. "Dammit! I can't find anything to use!" 

Shima suggested I find something to protect myself, but there was nothing in sight!

"This barricade won't hold up for much longer!"

"Bon's reciting the last chapter now... Moriyama!" 

I spun around, hearing a small thud. My eyes widened in surprise, seeing Shiemi lying on her side. "She's run out of energy!"

The barricade dropped, the demon now standing in front of Shima. He scowled and continued to poke the demon to try and push it back, "Damn you!"

I bit my lip, hurrying to look around for anything... anything I could use to help. With Rin out... I was defenseless... I always am... I bit my lip, them quivering as I stood defencelessly. I looked back to the others, seeing Bon still chanting. I swallowed hard, shouting, "Guys! I'm going to find Rin!"

"What?! You're crazy! The other half of that demon is still out there! You don't have anything to protect yourself!" Kamiki protested.

"You don't think I know that?!" I shouted, causing her eyes to widen. "I study beside you all every day! I train with you every day! I have to sit back and watch as you do well as an Aria, a Tamer, a Knight, Dragoon, or Doctor! While I'm none of those!"

 I turned around, running to the opening in the door the previous demon broke down. I looked back as I ran, seeing Kamiki and Konekomaru staring at me with wide eyes. "Protect Suguro!"

"Ms. Ejiri!" I heard them shout, calling out to stop me.

I ran out of the room, the dark hallways covered in the rubble near the door from the demon bursting through. "Rin! Rin! Where are you?!" I shouted, running through the halls, ignoring the pain in my feet as I stepped on small debris.

I suddenly felt my body heating up, and I screamed, seeing the white flames engulfing my body. I felt tears pricking the corners of my eyes and I tried to run faster. By this point, I was feeling ill with worry. "Rin! Rin, please! Where are you?!"

🕊🕊🕊

I ran around the halls after turning on the lights, hearing Alaina's voice shouting my name after I took care of the demon in the Power room... Tch. That damn instructor... he was behind all of these attacks! "Alaina?! Alaina hold on! I'm coming!"

I rounded a corner, seeing Alaina at the other end. She looked around aimlessly, sobbing as she called my name, "Rin! Rin, please! Where are you?!"

"Alaina!" She spun around, eyes glistening from the tears in her eyes. 

We ran toward each other, Alaina's arms wrapped themselves around my neck as she latched onto me. She let out another sob, pulling away slightly. She looked into my eyes, her bright blue ones staring into mine.

"Alaina..."

My eyes suddenly widened. My breath got caught in my throat, and my heart leaped out of my chest. My head began to spin, and I felt light-headed.