🕊 S I X 🕊

🕊Chapter Six: Last Day🕊

🕊🕊🕊

[A few days later...]

"Rin! Rin, wake up!"

My eyes opened groggily, meeting with bright blue ones. I groaned and turned around, burying my head underneath my pillow. "What...?" I whined, my voice muffled by the pillow over my head.

"It's the last day of school, Rin! After today, we'll be finished with 8th grade! Wake up!"

The covers on my body were thrown off, exposing me to the cold morning air. I groaned, curling up, "Ughhhh, Alaina~, go away."

"No! Rin, come on!" She began to shake me, rocking me back and forth.

"UgggghhHHHH Okay! FINE!" I yelled, sitting upright, glaring at her. She grinned.

"Finally! I've been trying for five minutes!" She stood up and walked towards the bedroom door, "Get dressed and brush your teeth, I'll make us something to eat." 

I yawned and stood up, walking towards the window in Yukio and I's shared room. I scratched my head, looking outside. It was a nice day. The sun was bright, and there were a few people here and there running along the sidewalks.

I sighed and turned around yawning again as I rubbed my eyes, making my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and went back to my room to get dressed.

I walked downstairs and saw Alaina standing in the kitchen with an apron around her neck and tied around her waist. She wasn't in her uniform.

I stared at her attire with confusion. "Why aren't you dressed?"

She looked at me with a smile before looking back over to the stove. "I wanted to get you up early so we could eat breakfast. You take longer to get dressed than I do. If  you can wait for thee minutes, breakfast should be done by then."

"Liar," I grumbled to myself and walked over, taking a seat. I 100% get finished dressed before she does. I watched her as she continued cooking. She had a wide smile on her face, much wider than any other morning she was in a good mood.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

She turned her head to look at me before turning her attention back to the stove, taking the bacon off the pan and setting them on a paper towel. There were already quite a few pieces on there.

"Nothing. 'Just happy is all."

"I can see that."

There was a few moments of silence, Alaina continuing to finish up breakfast. I looked around, expecting to see Yukio come down all dressed and ready to go, but I didn't.

"Hey, Alaina, where's Yukio?"

She turned around, washing the dirty pan in the sink, steam flying into the air. "He left early. He had a project he needed to finish at school."

With that, she turned around grabbed two plates, and carried them over. She placed a plate in front of me and the other in front of her, beginning to eat our breakfast which consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and two small pancakes. 

I smiled, staring at the plate of food in front of me, "Thanks!" 

She smiled and nodded her head excitedly. "Uh-huh!"

I eyed her suspiciously with a small smile on my face as I began to eat the breakfast made for me.

The entire time she ate she had this stupidly wide grin on her face. It was beginning to bug me. Was there something happening today I didn't know about?