🕊 F I F T E E N 🕊

🕊 Chapter Fifteen: Cram School🕊

🕊🕊🕊

"Meet your First-Year Class Representative, Yukio Okumura!"

My eyes widened in surprise. 'Yukio!?'

"That means he got the top scores in the entrance exam! Wow!"

"Do you see how hot he is?!"

I stared down at the girls in front of me as they talked about my brother. It was strange. From the shy bullied kid to the guy girls swoon over. I chuckled as I listened to him speak in front of the large room full of students.

"To be able to join you here at True Cross, a school I've long admired is something that's both thrilling, and sobering. I urge you all to study hard and be diligent to live up to the standards of this special place. I'm your Freshman Class Rep. Yukio Okumura."

"Psst..."

I jumped at the sudden noise, Alaina stood in the row behind me with her uniform on. "A-Alaina! Wh-What're you doing here?...!"

She smiled, "It's weird to think, right?" She looked down towards Yukio who was now walking off the stage back to his seat. "Your little brother grew up well, don't you think?"

I smiled, looking down at him as well. "He was your brother too, you know. You might not be related by blood to us, but you will always be part of the family." I looked back at her, seeing her looking at me with happy eyes.

She nodded, "You have a point. Thank you, Rin." She placed a quick kiss on my cheek, making me chuckle nervously, blush on my cheeks as I rubbed the back of my neck. She giggled.

"Ms. Ejiri, would you please be so kind as to take your seat?"

Alaina stood up and bowed her head. "Yes, sir! My apologies!"

She bent back down to my height and smiled at me, "See you outside,"

I nodded my head, returning her smile, "Cya."

She stood up and turned around, walking back up the stairs to her seat, throwing out apologies to people who she had to pass.

The orientation went on for a little while longer, all boring stuff I didn't really care about.

We were dismissed and we made our way outside where kids gathered to talk to their friends and whatnot.

Alaina ran over, her hand waving in front of her. "Rin! There you are, I lost you once we got outside."

I turned around, the Komo sword being wrapped around my shoulder.

She stopped in front of me, resting against her knees as she caught her breath for a moment. "Weird isn't it? I never thought there'd be another day where we'd be going to school together. I'm sure you're not looking forward to the school aspect of this." She looked at me and chuckled.

My cheeks flushed, "You're right about that..." She always knew what I was thinking. Living and growing up together for eleven years has its perks I suppose. I smiled at her, her eagerly returning it.

"May I have your attention, please!" The both of us turned toward the loud voice that boomed from across the courtyard. "I will be taking you on a tour of the campus as part of your orientation."

"Told ya," Alaina smiled at me cheekily, making me roll my eyes.

"Y-Yukio. Which class are you in?"