🕊 N I N E 🕊

🕊 Chapter Nine: New Job Opportunity🕊

🕊🕊🕊

"O' straying lamb... Confess thy sins with true sorrow, and pray for forgiveness."

I scowled, resting my chin in my palm. "Yeah, why should I? I haven't done anything wrong." I argued, an annoyed expression plastered on my face as I looked away stubbornly.

"Where did you get that cut on your face?"

A bead of sweat trickled down my temple, my eyes closing to avoid the stare of the old man, "I tripped going downstairs."

"Your clothes are a mess." He stated, pointing out my dirtied clothing.

More sweat began to drip down my face as I struggled to keep this lie believable, "It was a mother of a fall,"

"And that trace of a nosebleed?"

More and more beads of sweat formed on my face, staring to the side to avoid eye contact with the man, "Yeah, well, when I fell, I bumped-smack into this super hot chick and I-,"

Before I could finish my bluff, the old man quickly stood up, a small blush coating his cheeks as he looked around franticly, "WHAT?! LET'S GO AFTER HER! SHOW ME WHERE SHE IS, RIN!"

Realizing his mistake, the old man turned around and grabbed me in a headlock, squeezing my head tightly, "MORON!!! You got in another fight! Admit it! Why must you always brawl?! And you dragged Alaina into it this time?! Grow up!"

"Let go of me, you old fart!"

The old man dropped me on the floor, turning away from me, "I just got a disturbing call from your employers. They told me they have no need for a delivery boy who doesn't bother to return."

I scoffed, keeping my head high, "So what. Big deal." I sloped over, looking over to the side as I pouted, "There was no way I could cut it, anyway. As if a guy like me could hold down a job."

"Don't be a baby!"

I looked over at him, still slumped over with narrow eyes. 

"The day will soon come when you must leave this monastery and strike out on your own." He leaned forward, pointing a thumb at himself. "And as your guardian, it's my duty to see that you do so."

I glared at him grumbling.

He straightened his posture, putting his hands on his hips as he lectured me. I hated that. "Or do you just wanna become a priest and run this monastery?"

I looked up in surprise. I looked away, brows furrowed. "Take over this crappy church? Dream on."

From the side, I could hear Alaina laughing awkwardly at our bickering.

"Dad," We all turned towards Yukio's new appearance, "I'm all done getting myself ready to move out. All that's left for me to do, is carry out my luggage."

Shiro smiled, "Well done, son."

Yukio looked over at me and Alaina with his dumb smile still on his face. "Welcome home, Rin. Alaina. Get in another fight?"

I glared at him from the corner of my eye, "Shut the hell up."

From the sidewall, Izumi spoke as he cleaned a window. "I swear, for a couple of twins, those guys couldn't be any more different."

I looked over at him, a small blush on my face. "What-?!"

"Yukio might be the younger one, but he doesn't act it. He's great at sports, always gets straight A's, and he's about to start his freshman year at True Cross Academy."