🕊 F O U R 🕊

🕊Chapter Four: Dodgeball 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

"Alaina! Alaina, pay attention!"

The girl, now fifteen years old jerked awake from her spot at her desk. "Y-Yes, ma'am! My apologies!"

The teacher eyed her irritably and turned back to the board to continue teaching. 

"Anyway, class..."

Alaina sighed and blew a strand of newly pink hair out of her face. The class seemed to carry on forever today.

Before long, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She smirked and rolled her eyes, already knowing who it was. She turned around and stared at her best friend, "What do you want, Okumura?" She teased.

Rin smirked and leaned over his desk. "Got enough sleep last night? I could see you drooling from back here."

Alaina had a dream about that day in the daycare. The day she was finally taken from that retched orphanage. The day her life finally changed for the better. 

It's been eight years since that day in the daycare, and she was officially placed under Shiro Fujimoto's care as her Legal Guardian. Alaina was grateful for everything he, Rin, Yukio, and everyone else at the monetary had done for her. She couldn't imagine what her life would be like without them. She was finally happy.

Alaina pouted, smiling slightly. "I don't drool, stop lying."

Rin snickered.

"Alaina Ejiri and Rin Okumura!"

Both of them straightened their posture in a hurry as they faced the front of the class, responding in unison to the teacher, "Y-Yes, ma'am?!" 

"Met me after class!"

They both shrunk in their seat. "Yes, ma'am..."

Yukio sat in the back of the classroom, staring at his brother and good friend with a sigh. The only people in this is class that talked were those two. He loved them to death but they were such a handful at times. Especially when they were together.

The class went on like usual, Rin and Alaina refraining from talking to one another. Anytime Rin would attempt to hand her a note, the teacher would take it and rip it up. The bell rang and Rin and Alaina had rushed to leave class to avoid the scolding. Yukio, however, held them back.

"Oh, no you don't. If you two get in trouble, own up to it, and endure your deserved lecture."

Rin groaned and glared at him, being pushed back into the room. "You're such a teacher's pet, four-eyes!"

Yukio scoffed, disagreeing. "I just listen to directions. You should try it sometime. Alaina is falling behind in class because you keep talking to her."

"I am?!" Alaina exclaimed, a surprised and anxious tone in her voice. 

"She fell two percent because of your constant chatter."

"Two percent?! Geez, you're like the Hitler of good grades." Rin rolled his eyes and turned around, crossing his arms.

Alaina let out a breath of relief. She was never good about checking her grades and worried about falling behind. But thankfully it was just Yukio being overdramatic.

"That doesn't make any sense." Yukio sweatdropped, staring at the back of his brother's head.

Alaina laughed awkwardly at the two. It was common they bickered like this when Rin got in trouble in class.