🕊 T W E N T Y - N I N E 🕊

🕊Chapter Twenty-Nine: Lunch 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

I dusted off my hands, standing up straight as I put my hands on my hips, calling out into the kitchen, "Okay. I put everything back the way it was. So how 'bout you get over it already-"

My eyes widened in surprise, feeling a fork just barely miss the flesh of my cheek as it implanted in the wooden shelf behind me. I turned around with a scowl, "Oh, come on! You're still mad?! What are you so pissed off about anyway?!" I shouted in the general direction of where the fork initially came from.

Pots, pans, and other cooking utensils shot forward at me, making me hold up my arms to protect myself. Once they subsided, I pointed a finger where they all came from, "If you don't wanna cook anymore, then get out! You're not the only one around here who can cook, y'know!"

A lightning strike from the outside storm clapped, illuminating the kitchen from the window in the room, revealing a small demon with a pitch-fork tail and yellow eyes. I smirked at it, my eyes narrowing. "So that's what you look like."

🕊🕊🕊

I smiled and hummed to myself, my foot rocking along with the melody in my head. I watched as Rin and Ukobach stared each other down, sweat dripping down both of their temples as they panted. Both of them eventually fell back, the door to the kitchen slamming open, revealing Yukio who quickly took notice of Rin on the ground.

"Rin!" I looked over, seeing Yukio standing there.

I smiled, raising my hand to greet him as my eyes closed. "Hey, Yukio."

Mephisto began clapping from the top of a bookshelf of kitchen supplies.

"Sir Pheles! What happened?!"

"They fought bravely to within an inch of their lives! Their powers were let loose, exploding through the kitchen!"

Yukio looked around in bewilderment, "They had a cooking battle?"

"By flexing their culinary muscles, they discovered each other's talents. Behold! A new friendship is born!"

Rin, from the ground, spoke, "Your fried rice was so awesome, man."

The little demon squeaked in response, Rin and I able to understand him. His voice was high-pitched and squeaky sounding.

"Huh? Did you just call my Katsu bowl exceptional?" Rin and Ukobach sat up, grasping each other's hands in a small handshake. "Let's do it! We're gonna make the ultimate lunch! What do you say? Are you in?"

The little demon, Ukobach, nodded, the two sharing a bonding moment. I looked over, seeing Yukio staring at them with a sweatdrop as he mumbled, "That's my brother. Defying logic all kinds of ways..."

I chuckled and hopped off the kitchen window sill, "Only you can make friends with demons." I chuckled again and leaned on Rin's shoulder, staring at Ukobach, "Hi, there, Ukobach. It was really fun watching you and Rin cook. It all looked really tasty!"

🕊🕊🕊

It was the next day during lunch, Rin and I sat near Yukio since Rin was oh-so committed to hearing what the three girls who swooned over Yukio had to say about how he made his brother's lunch.