🕊 T W E N T Y - T W O 🕊

🕊Chapter Twenty-Two: Teacher's Booty Call 🕊

🕊🕊🕊

"What's up with that guy? He really that smart?"

"Oh, you mean Suguro? He's a prodigy. He's attending the academy on a scholarship like I am. I heard he's the heir to an honorable and historic temple in Kyoto."

I grumbled, kicking my legs back and forth on the fountain the four of us sat on, "Figures. He's just some rich kid."

"He's an exceptional student, an accomplished athlete, and he pays attention during class. The truth is: He works way harder than you, Rin. Maybe you should clone his mind. You could learn a lesson or two from him."

I humphed, looking away. "Mind-cloning. Whatever. I'm not that stupid." 

Yukio smiled, turning to Shiemi, "So, anyway. How are you doing? Have you got used to school yet?"

"Oh, uh... not really, no."

"If you ask me, you look like you've gotten more confident than you were before. You look like a different person now. Take it easy and just do your best."

"Okay! Thank you for the tip, Yuki!"

"Well, I better go. I've got another class to teach." Yukio hopped off the fountain, turning back to wave at us, "Have a good rest of your day. Have fun, and don't be late for your P.E class."

"Okay. See you later." Shiemi waved.

"See ya later, Yukio."

"Cya."

Yukio walked back into the building, leaving the three of us alone. I looked down towards Shiemi, "So, which class are you in again? Not the cram school. Regular school."

Shiemi smiled and shook her head, "I only asked if I could get into the cram school."

"What about High School?"

"Oh, I'm too shy to handle that. I barely went to my classes in Junior High."

I rubbed the back of my head, "Yeah. I hardly went to Junior High either. You could say I had a hard time fitting in." I chuckled.

Alaina chuckled. "The only way that you passed was because I helped you with everything."

I smiled, "Alaina was the one who always dragged me to my classes."

Shiemi smiled at the two of us, "You both are good friends."

Alaina nodded, "Yup! We've known each other since we were four."

"Oh, wow. I didn't know you guys have known each other for so long. That's so long ago."

Alaina smiled at her before turning her head to look at me, "Well, it was both a curse and a blessing. But I won't get into it." She said, nudging my arm slightly.

"Um... Rin?" We looked over at her, seeing her look down to her lap nervously, "I know you're honest... so...  please be honest with me... I don't really belong in this cram school, do I?"

I leaned forward, my elbows resting on my legs as my brows furrowed at her with confusion. "Huh? Why?" 

"Because I don't really wanna become an exorcist like everyone else. I'd have to be as smart as Suguro, and I know I'll never be."

"Sure, I guess it's cool having a big brain like that and all. But you're okay the way you are. The world needs all kinds of people, anyway."

"Rin? You have friends, right?"