Chapter 8: Another Deal

Start from the beginning

Why aren't those healed? Who the hell did that to him?

"Why are you still standing there love?" Klaus looked back over to me and threw back on his new shirt.

"What happened?" I ask, glancing at his bloody t-shirt then back up to him to meet his gaze.

"Werewolf's that think they own this town," Klaus said, smugly.

"I thought the Labonair's were killed," I said, confused about who he could be talking about.

"They were," Klaus replied, sadness laced in his voice, "but I am talking about another pack. The Lockwoods."

My breath stopped in my throat as the name rang through my ears, yet Klaus continued. "The new Alpha for the last few years has been giving me trouble. I need to remind him who the true alpha is. Tyler is nothing more than a lost boy who is not fit nor can handle his pack. Sooner or later, I will kill him once he comes out of hiding," Klaus smirks and I feel my body stand completely still.

Tyler. Tyler Lockwood. My ex.

"Love, are you alright?" I look up towards Klaus' gaze and see concern on his face which confuses me even more.

"What's wrong? Tell me," He commands and moves closer towards me. For some reason, I knew I wasn't being compelled yet found myself wanting to tell him.

"I..I know him. He's," I gulp and take in a breath, "He's my ex." As I say those words, Klaus' eyes widen and he takes a deep breath.

"He's the reason I'm like this. We...We got into an argument one night and he grabbed me as we were walking up the stairs and I slipped and fell," I say, shakily. I look straight ahead, lost in memories.

"That was the last time I saw him. I thought he moved away to college," I say, oblivious to everything around me as I replay the image of me dying on the floor. I shake out of it and look up to Klaus' gaze to see regret in his eyes. He sighs and walks towards me slowly before engulfing me in a hug.

What the hell is happening?

As much as I am confused by his actions, I can't help but appreciate the warmth his hug gives me.

Klaus' POV

What the hell am I doing?

After Caroline ends her story, I can't help but feel the need to pull her into my embrace. After a few seconds, I feel her arms wrap around waist. Questions flow through my mind as I replay her words in my mind.

Whose blood did she have when she died? Who dared to feed on this beautiful creature? Was she the one who triggered the insolent brat's curse?

After another few seconds of hugging, I pull away from her quickly.

"Sorry. It looked like you needed it, love. I too, know what it's like to be murdered, and turned without asking for it," I say, wanting to change to another topic. Suddenly, an amazing idea pulled into my head. One I could really use. One that would definitely tick off the Lockwood boy.

"What was it that you needed, Caroline?" I ask.

"Oh, um, I was wondering if you could let Elena out?" She asks me and I chuckle loudly.

"What?" She asked, annoyed at my response.

"No," I responded, coldly.

"Look I know you need her and there is no way of escaping your creepy blood obsession, but could you at least take her out of a cell?" She asked me, throwing her arms out in the air.

"I need her blood to make my army. Her blood possesses the ability to make wolves turn into hybrids which will be sired to me," I reply, making her glare at me.

"This is all about your stupid army!" She shouts at me and I roll my eyes.

"This war is more important than you could realize. And your friends all hold their role in it. But I'm feeling quite happy after my earlier activities," I smirk at her and she gives me a disgusted look, "and I will make a deal with you. Elena can move to a room up on the third floor along with all of us. I will keep Stefan's brother watching after her."

"And what do I have to do?" She asks, giving me an annoyed look and crossing her arms over her chest.

"You will need to accompany me around the city tomorrow. All day," I smirk at her and she rolls her eyes.

"Why do you need me?" She asks and I think of a nice lie.

"You're a relatively new vampire especially in New Orleans. I look after the vampires in my city. I can show you where you can be safe, where you won't, where to go, where not to, etcetera," I respond and she gives a short nod.

"Fine," She responds and I smile. 

Hey Everyone!

Who do you guys think is the mole that helped Elena escape? 

Caroline's ex is brought up and Care come cleans to Klaus.  Klaus and Care get a little more personal oohlala, and Klaus thinks of something evil. He gives Elena a top floor room in exchange for a day trip around the city. How do you think that's going to go? 

Keep reading to find out more! 

Stay safe everyone and have a good night! 

-greybandit313💜🖤💜🖤