Chapter 41

ANASTASIA MULBERRY

"Anastasia?" Harvey "Who is this and why is he naked in your living room?"

Before she could even attempt to answer Harvey or respond in anyway, Marcellus snorted aloud and watched the rogue wolf carefully with dark, menacing eyes.

"I could ask you the same thing." He growled, his wolf rising to the surface after having witnessed his mate alone with another male. While that wasn't an issue, it was the fact that it was evident that this wolf was interested in being more than just friendly or friends with his mate that made the anger inside of him bubble dangerously. "Who the fuck are you and what are you doing here?"

"I asked you first." Harvey scowled as he puffed out his chest in attempt of standing a chance against the Alpha wolf in front of him, resisting the urge to cower away and expose the side of his neck in submission even though that was what his wolf was urging him to do.

"You dare to question me, rogue?" Marcellus scowled and took a step toward, his eyes trained on the lone wolf. Before he could take any further steps toward Harvey, Anastasia was quick to jump to his defence,

"Don't call him a rogue." She sighed as she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why can't I call him exactly what he is? Which is a rogue." Marcellus huffed deeply as he turned his head to glance at his mate who had now moved so she was standing in between both males, almost as if afraid that something physical was going to start.

Anastasia rolled her eyes again. "You're only calling him a rogue because you're prejudiced against him."

"Well, the rogue is in a house with my mate. I think there's plenty reason for my to be prejudiced against him." His lips curled up into a sneer, a hard look in his eyes as he pointed his gaze at her. Despite the intensity of the deep gold of his eyes, a pleasurable shiver ran down her spine and her lower lips trembled in delicious anticipation. When it became all too much to handle, she frowned lightly and forced herself to look away, hating how much of an affect he had on her despite all of his wrongdoings and shortcomings.

"Sorry, did you just say your mate?" Harvey asked aloud even though his eyes were trained on Anastasia, almost as if willing for her to deny the bold claim.

"Yes, I did. My mate." Marcellus chuckled darkly, the sound on the verge of sinister, still not looking away from Anastasia even though she was doing all she could to avoid meeting his eyes again. Despite all of that, there was a hint of primal urgency in his tone, almost as if daring her to deny the fact that they were indeed mates. "Why? Have you got a problem with that, rogue?"

Harvey pursed his lips and scowled, now sending an accusatory glance at Anastasia even though she refused to meet either of their eyes, unable to fully comprehend the situation or even plan what to do next.

"I thought you were human."

"I am human." She mumbled weakly and rubbed a tired, frustrated hand down the side of her face. When she remembered that she was wearing makeup and probably going to mess it up if she continued like this, Anastasia groaned aloud and shook her head. "I'm human, but I'm also quarter wolf."

"You never mentioned that to me." Harvey frowned lightly and took a step toward her, almost as if he was trying to comfort her as she seemed distraught however, Marcellus growled lowly at the action and stepped forward himself, though his strides were wider and he was able to reach her before Harvey could.

"It never came up." She sighed and sent Harvey a small frown before turning her head to face the big bad Alpha wolf who had stormed into her house as if it was his own and potentially ruined their whole evening.