Chapter 24

ANASTASIA MULBERRY

"Are you sure about this?"

"For the thousandth time today, yes!" He growled, his wolf finally rising to the surface after her incessant repetition of the same question.

Instead of getting scared like most other humans would – as werewolves usually held themselves back around humans so as to note startle or scare anyone – Anastasia merely laughed at him, having seen him lose his temper like this over assignments back in college; immune to it now.

She knew that he wouldn't ever dare treat or growl at her in a serious way, and so was able to laugh about it.

"That's not fair!" Raphael pouted as his wolf returned with his tail tucked between his legs. "You're supposed to get scared when I growl at you."

"I was the first time back in college, but I'm pretty sure I'm immune to it right now."

"You're not supposed to become immune to werewolves growling at you. That's weird and any other human would have pissed themselves right now." He huffed and continued folding her clothes before unceremoniously dropping them into her open suitcase on the ground.

"I hate to break it to you, babe, but you're not exactly the scariest guy out there." Anastasia chuckled and bit her lip as he stared at her from under his lashes with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Raphael asked through narrowed eyes but this point, they just enjoyed riling each other up.

"You're more cute than scary."

He raised a hand up to stroke his chin, making a show of considering her words.

"Upgrade that to sexy and I'll take it."

Anastasia snorted but before she could deny his request, they were interrupted.

"You guys really are something, aren't you?" A chuckle sounded from behind them, causing both Raphael and Anastasia to glance over their shoulder at the intruder, though the former had already sensed him approaching.

"I thought I told you there was no need to come in?" Raphael mock frowned and braced his hands on his hips as he playfully glared at his mate.

"Well, there clearly is." His mate chuckled as he gestured to Anastasia's suitcase which was only half packed and all the clothes that now littered her room.

Anastasia rolled her eyes and turned back to face her wardrobe.

"The way your mate is acting, it's like I'm never going to come back to my apartment or something."

"Well, you might enjoy living at the pack so much that you never want to leave." Raphael sighed dramatically as he launched himself back on her bed in the sea of clothes, bouncing lightly on the mattress from the impact.

"I highly doubt that." She snorted as she turned around and returned to the suitcase with a handful of clothes, all of which needed folding to be able to fit. "Plus, I doubt Marcellus would allow that."

When pin drop silence filled the room,

"Marcellus?" Justas sounded in surprise; his lips turned down at the sides slightly. "I know you don't live by normal werewolf conventions, but it'd probably be best if you refer to him as Alpha or Alpha Marcellus while you're at the pack house."

Raphael nodded. "Other wolves may see it as a sign of disrespect."

While she agreed with them and saw where they were coming from, just wanting to look out for her, Alpha Marcellus himself that he had wanted her to call him by his name and not his title.