Chapter 28

ALPHA MARCELLUS STORM

She's a perfect match for us, you know.

Marcellus snorted at his wolf who hadn't been able to stop yapping about their mate all day, but couldn't bring himself to deny the statement which he knew was nothing short of a fact.

Why? Because she called us out on our bullshit?

Yes.

Well, I can't say you're wrong about that. He chuckled as he walked out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist, a second towel in his hands as he reached up to dry his hair.

Don't say it like you didn't enjoy it. His wolf chuckled and not for the first time today, Marcellus couldn't help but agree.

Once he was dried off, he flung the towel back into the bathroom to pick up later and headed over to his wardrobe where he got dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie; both black. Sitting down on the edge of the bed, he lifted his knee to slip a pair of socks onto his bare feet.

With all the extra work he had been doing these past couple of months, it wasn't any surprise to him that he had actually run out of things to keep himself busy and stop thinking about his mate; not that it had really worked.

If Marcellus wanted, he could call up his financial company and get them to email over some work to get busy with it in under an hour but he believed to have earned at least one afternoon off.

The only thing was that he had no idea what to do with his time.

He had completed some work this morning, kissed his mate, had her run away from him, attended a zoom call with his fellow Alphas, completed some more work, joined one of the training sessions, had lunch and then a shower. And it was only one in the afternoon and since he was determined not to be one of those Alphas that was always working in his office, he needed to find something to do.

We could always do our mate. That will definitely help pass the time.

Marcellus snorted at that, chuckling at the absolute audacity of the request. As if she'll let us within a metre of her after this morning.

Well, you won't know until you try.

You have got a point there. He hummed with a thoughtful expression on her face. But she isn't home.

We're awful good at waiting.

Again, you make a very valid point.

Marcellus wasn't sure if he would come to regret this later or even how she would react since he didn't know her all that well yet but whatever her reaction, he couldn't wait. Or, he could since he slipped out of his room and walked over to the right where the guest bedroom – and her room for the past couple of days now – was.

It was torture have to listen to the sound of her move around room – and the pack house – during the day but it was even worse at nights. While her light snores and her gentle breathing lulled him to sleep, it hurt more and more every night knowing that she was only next door yet he couldn't do a thing about it. All Marcellus wanted to do was march in there, slip under the sheets with her and fall asleep with his mate between his arms.

But he couldn't since she saw him as nothing but the Alpha of one of the neighbouring packs.

However, perhaps he had managed to change her perception of him after stealing a kiss earlier, not that she hadn't reciprocated it. In fact, he allowed himself to believe she had rather enjoyed it but with the way she had all but ran away from him – not that she could run in her heavily pregnant state – he wasn't quite sure.