Chapter 33

ALPHA MARCELLUS STORM

Despite thinking that he was over it, he was certain that he was far from over it.

Or well, that was what he had convinced himself the past couple of minutes. Before that, he couldn't stop thinking about the way she had looked at him with her baby blues as she rode him into oblivion, her hands braced against his lower stomach as she used his body for her own pleasure. But before even that and since the moment he woke up, he had been sure that he was ready to tell her the truth about them being mates despite promising himself that he would wait until after she had given birth.

You're more undecisive than a kid in a candy store. His wolf snorted with a roll of his eyes, tired of having to listen to his thoughts for over half an hour now, choosing to remain quiet until now when he couldn't take it anymore.

Marcellus chuckled quietly as he leaned back against the headboard, turning his head to glance down at the sleeping beauty next to him, covered only by the thin white of her sheet.

Can you blame me? He sighed, suddenly feeling so much calmer than before, and just by looking at her. Just look at her. She's all we could possibly want in a mate.

And so much more. His wolf chuckled, leaning his head down on his paws to continue gazing at his sleeping mate, having not realised exactly what he had been missing out on these past ten years after having gone without a mate for so long.

And to think she was only an hour away, in neutral territory.

Hidden in plain sight.

You can say that again.

So, what are you going to do now?

About her? Marcellus asked even though both him and his wolf knew that from the moment that they had met, it had always been about her and would continue to remain that way for the rest of his life; not that he would wish to change anything about it. What can we do?

We can continue what we're doing now, just hold out for a little longer. The baby should be here any day now.

Even though Marcellus wanted to agree with his wolf, he knew that he had instantly made things so much messier between them the moment he kissed her that day in his office. While that was bad enough, it was so much worse now that he had seduced her and they had slept together. It just complicated what already was a very messy situation.

I should never have kissed her that day in my office.

Well, you shouldn't have had sex with her last night either. His wolf snorted, though a growl wrapped around his words, not at all appreciative of his human's words.

I've just made things so much worse.

I don't get what your fucking problem is! His wolf roared at him, very quickly nearing the end of his tether with this game of back and forth that his human counterpart was playing with their mate, even if she had absolutely no idea about it. She's our mate and even though I wanted to tell her sooner, I agreed with your stupid request of waiting to tell her the truth until after had given birth to the baby, but now you're having second thoughts? What the fuck is wrong with you?

You just don't get it. Marcellus sighed and bowed his head into his hands, groaning quietly, conscious of the fact that she was still asleep next to him. Everything is so complicated already between us, and now I've just gone and made things even worse.

Well, you've got no one but yourself to thank for that. His wolf snorted, rolling his beady eyes in frustration. Do tell me how you've made things more complicated, because I fail to see what exactly is wrong.