Chapter 35

ALPHA MARCELLUS STORM

"First of all, I would like to thank the both of you for making it down here on such short notice."

Carmella and Valerie both beamed up at him from where they were sat across from him behind the desk, the both of them in silent competition with each other for the role of Luna of the Lupum Griseo pack. Unfortunately, neither of them that even if they won this race, they had already lost as Marcellus had already found his mate.

In fact, she had just finished giving birth and from what Dalton had mentioned to him when he had visited earlier, she was currently taking a nap.

You can't be doing this right now. His wolf insisted, not ashamed to beg if it meant he was doing it for the betterment of his mate. You can't be sitting here and pretending to choose one of those she-wolves to be your mate when you already have one.

She doesn't want us.

That's what your fucking problem is! The Alpha wolf roared back at his human counterpart, unable to take an more bullshit. You don't fucking know what she wants because you haven't spoken to her!

She wanted me to leave.

Yes, but she was giving birth and you, a man she barely knows but just broke her water over, was just stood there, watching her. What else did you expect? His wolf snapped, uncaring if he hurt any feelings.

The more Marcellus thought about it, the more it started to make sense, so much so that he couldn't believe that he had jumped to conclusions without thinking it through properly; something which he hadn't done since he was a teenager. However, perhaps that was something that came along with having a mate; especially in regards to the precarious situation that he had somehow managed to land himself in.

If he was about to give birth, he wouldn't want a stranger or a person he barely knew to witness it either. Except, he was her mate and not a stranger. The fact that she didn't know that was his fault and he had no one but himself to blame.

When do you suggest we tell her?

Right now, I think you should worry about what you should tell her and now when. His wolf chuckled lowly, very much aware that when she finally found out the truth, her anger would be directed at Marcellus and not his wolf, especially when she found out that he had wanted to be truthful with her from the very beginning.

"Alpha Marcellus?" A timid Valerie called out to him, her eyes wide in surprise and her lips parted as she sat back in her chair and watched the Alpha internally struggle with his wolf.

"Are you okay?" Carmella piped up in a squeaky voice, equally as concerned.

The more he battled back and forth with his wolf, neither of them able to come to a consensus about what to do with their mate situation and how to go about it, the more the incessant questioning increased until finally, he couldn't ignore them anymore.

"Sorry about that ladies." Marcellus cleared his throat as he adjusted himself in his chair and turned his eyes back to the both of them, though not bothering to appear remorseful or even the slightest bit apologetic. "Where were we?" He forced the question out of his mouth even though he agreed with his wolf.

Carmella and Valerie paused to share a knowing before hesitantly, turning back to the Alpha and continuing to pitch themselves however, he very quickly found himself zoning out again.

This has gone on too long.

I know. But she's just given birth. How are we supposed to tell her now? Marcellus sighed as he reached a hand up to run through his hair, forcing a smile on his face so as to not raise any suspicions from the she-wolves in front of him; his potential mates.