Chapter 30

ALPHA MARCELLUS STORM

"What the fuck did you just say?" Marcellus growled, spitting at the weak wolf in front of him. "You hold my fate in your hands?"

"Yes." Malachi gulped at the rage-filled golden orbs, suddenly not so confident as the Alpha wolf looked ready to blow.

"Are you threatening me? You dare to threaten me? The Alpha of the Lupum Griseo pack!" He growled, taking another step forward until the tips of his boots were flush against Malachi's.

Before Malachi could answer, a voice sounded from the group of council members, eager to prevent a fight from breaking out.

"Of course, he's not threatening you, son." His dad, elder Maverick and the former Alpha of the Lupum Griseo pack, chuckled in hopes of lightening the mood.

When Marcellus continued with his growling and Malachi pushed through his fear, puffed out his chest and sent the Alpha wolf in front of him a dangerous, daring look. Maverick whistled lowly and pushed himself between them. He knew that regardless of what happened or how out of hand things could get, Marcellus would never lay a hand on his father and vice versa.

"Mars, how about we go talk about this in your office?" His dad suggested, sending a pointed look in the general direction of the pack house, not that they could see that far off into the distance and with all the tall trees and forest obstructing their view.

"I don't understand what there's to talk about, dad." He growled again, allowing his dad to apply pressure on his chest, effectively making him take a step back and away from Malachi whose face had now morphed into a petrified expression.

Marcellus scented the air and was disappointed to find that he hadn't driven elder Malachi to wet himself in fear, but his wolf reminded himself that there would always be a next time.

Maverick sighed and sent a pointed look to the remaining three council members, Deryck, Paulo and Harriet, all of them just as frustrated and exasperated as him.

"Mars, please. Let's just go back to the pack house and we can get all of this sorted, okay?"

He wanted to protest and put his foot down, insist that the council would not be able to enter pack lands but with his dad requesting him, he swallowed his pride and turned around, silently leading them back to the pack house.

Despite some of the council member's best attempts at starting a conversation in hopes of escaping the uncomfortable atmosphere that now clouded over them, Marcellus remained quiet and mind linked Dalton of the current situation.

Very quickly, they formulated a plan to take of the current situation they had somehow landed themselves in and to buy themselves some time while they put the plan in motion, Marcellus purposely walked them around in circles for a while before he took the long route back to the pack house.

Thankfully, no one voiced any protests. Not even his father who didn't even cock an eyebrow in suspicion or complaint.

Since his office wasn't big enough to accommodate five council members as well as an Alpha and Beta, they decided to discuss the pressing matters over brunch in the pack house living room, having commanded everyone to stay away from the pack house until further notice.

If he hadn't compelled the wolves, Marcellus was sure that he would have been subject to many questions due to the sudden demand, but he couldn't risk anyone finding about the reason as to why the council had made this sudden visit, especially since every other time that the council had dropped by, Marcellus as well as the rest of the pack had been made aware days in advance, sometimes even weeks.