26| A little reunion

Start from the beginning

But sometimes we don't always get what we want do we?

"We both know you arrived before today. You just choose to show your face now?" He grunted. "Where have you been staying all this while?"

"I have to admit, you've lost your touch," She sighed and his eyes twitched at her words clearly offended.

"The Mr. Winston I remembered would have all the answers to this question but here you are questioning me like we're kids playing the game of truths," She cracked up and moved her hair over her shoulder with her legs crossed. "I bet you've lost all your actions too. It won't be long before you'll have to start using a stick to walk."

I had to purse my lips together to stop myself from laughing. My head went down and my hair formed a curtain around my face which gave me a little room to chuckled before I pushed my hair away from my face and formed a poker face.

But that wasn't the case for Ace and Mr. Kim. Ace chuckled and look at his grandfather, "Grandfather, you scored with grandma. But it's a good thing she left you early enough. There's no way you'll be able to survive her remarks," He said loud enough for everyone to hear.

Mr. Kim immediately busted out laughing and clapped his hands. "Wow Ally, you still have it don't you," He cracked and pointed at Mr. Wisnton as he said, "You won't believe that I met him at the hospital huh?"

"Really?" Mrs. Winston implored and raised an eyebrow. "I guess I should start calling myself psychic. But don't you think it's about time he retires, I mean look at you and him you're the same age but you look like you could be his son."

A faint blush appeared on Mr. Kim's face and he took a sip of the cup of water before him and laughed. "Oh no," He chuckled.

"Retire?" Mr. Winston sneered and slowly got up. "Is that what this is about? That's why you suddenly appeared from the blue?" His whole stance and expression made me gulp even though his words weren't directed at me. The whole room went quiet and the tension was so thick that I forgot how to breathe.

Mrs. Winston looked up at him beneath her lashes and smacked her lips."What's another instance that gives room for a new successor?" She thought out loud then faked a gasp and clasped her hands. "Oh, that's right, the death of the old one." She smiled sweetly at him.

"Miss Manchester," I heard Carl call for my attention quietly as he stood before me. Both Ace and I turned to him.

"Can I speak to you?" He asked, then his eyes wandered to Ace and back at me. "In private," He added after giving Ace a look.

"Sure," I said curiously as to what he wanted to say.

We quietly moved to the hallway leading to the kitchen. It was quiet there as it was away from where the little meeting was happening. On the wall were little polarized pictures that I took here and some from my house back in Canada. Those pictures were proof that I was once happy and had no pain. Carl stood erected and face me.

"What's this about?" I interrogated.

"Break up with Ace now."

Taken back by his words I instinctively blinked faster and was lost for words. I clearly remember Ace saying Carl was the one who came up with the dating proposal and now he wants to end it?

"What?" My voice hitched in my throat that was suddenly dry. I knew we agreed on no strings attached and to break up at the right time but why now? It was all too suspicious.

Did they find out I was going to buy the land of the flower shop?

And most importantly, I couldn't leave Ace now. I knew he needed me more than ever. Or was it all just in my head? All the moments we've spent together I could remember it all. From how we hated each other at first to how we started listening to each other.

But to Ace, I might just be another girl that would pass by in his life.

Or maybe he didn't see what happened as a big deal. Maybe nothing did change and I was the one adding deep meanings to our moments.

We're both adults, just a kiss doesn't mean we're tied together now does it?

He finally looked into my eyes as he said again. "Quietly break up with Ace. It's not a request and I won't repeat it."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

Whoahhhhhhh

What is going on???

Ace's grandma suddenly comes back, Mr. Kim is also back, Quinn's mum is found in the house where Ace was supposed to meet his mum, and Carl suddenly demands Quinn to break up with Ace?

Just when the ship was sailing 😪

Hahahahahhaha👅

What are your theories?

What do you think would happen next?

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT!

Don't also forget to follow me to see announcements and teaser💕

QOTD: Truth or dare?

Pick one in the comments and I'll give you a truth or a dare! It'll be a little fun interaction between us.🤍